UNICEF Health Specialist Jobs 2021 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zambia programme looking for “Health Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 02 November 2021.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
UNICEF Health Specialist Jobs 2021
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 October 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Health Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 5 years|
|Application Deadline||02 November 2021|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2021
How can you make a difference: The Health Specialist reports to the HIV/AIDS Manager P4 for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the health program/s and for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of program progress of a sector of the health (e.g. nutrition, gender, maternal, neonatal, child survival/development) program/s within the country program. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and organizational Strategic Plans and goals, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Support to program development and planning:
- Support/contribute to the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the sector/s to establish a strategic plan for development, design and management of health related programs. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of health program. Formulate, design and prepare a sector of the health program proposal, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific program goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for program review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Qualification & Experience:
- An Advanced University Degree in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related science is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in HIV and AIDS programming and public health planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, Relevant experience in HIV/AIDS and/or Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Level: NO-3
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Health Specialist Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|