ECF Country Lead – Strategic Communications Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. ECF Nigeria looking for “Country Lead – Strategic Communications”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 July 2022.
The European Climate Foundation, or the ECF, is an independent philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net zero emissions society at the national, European and global level. Its aim is to promote climate and energy related policies that press Europe and other key global players to achieve a net zero greenhouse gas emissions society by 2050.
ECF Country Lead – Strategic Communications Jobs 2022
The ECF has published a job vacancy announcement on 29 June 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Lead – Strategic Communications to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||European Climate Foundation (ECF)|
|Position||Country Lead – Strategic Communications|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||13 July 2022|
ECF Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Country Lead will drive impactful results through developing and implementing creative strategies that shift the media debate and public discourse on social, political and environmental issues. A considerable amount of work is focused on building alliances and alignment with new and existing partners, so strong diplomatic and negotiation skills are important. Further information will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
- Designing and implementing political and communications plans and strategies at the national level in Nigeria that are aligned and effective in supporting the organisation’s mission,
- Delivering strategic communication interventions at key international moments such as during the UN climate summits, supporting and linking with cross-network teams in order to enhance local-global, global-local interactions and impact; coordinating with partners from think tanks, research institutions, government officials and campaigners
- Building and managing a country team and creating an inspiring team environment and proactively supporting professional development and growth of team members
- Fostering strong links with journalists covering national and regional climate issues, briefing reporters, boosting media awareness of core narratives
- Developing and growing a network of national contacts and supporting existing partners with communications insights and tools
- Identifying new tools and tactics to land narratives in collaboration with digital, audience insights, and other thematic teams in the network
- Acting as the network point person for country intelligence and advice on narratives
- Commissioning country research and investigations
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of voices to deploy at key moments in the media debate on climate-related issues.
- Internal and external monitoring and reporting
Qualification & Experience:
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organisation
- Demonstrated knowledge and professional experience in the fields of strategic communications, political campaigning and/or journalism
- A solid understanding of the political and media landscape in Nigeria and across West Africa
- A sound network of active contacts relevant to the role, with a proven track record of building media contacts
- Ability to assess a changing landscape and develop a strategic vision, identifying the most crucial intervention points that add value to the overall discourse
- Experience in managing teams and projects
- Track record delivering effective communications strategies on complex issues
- Highly diplomatic with an ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders, including experts, funders, and civil society
- Ability to track a range of relevant and complex issues
- Excellent time and priority management, high level of self-motivation, independence and can-do mentality, good team-player with a passion for excellence
- Outstanding English language skills, with a track record of producing engaging and impactful communications materials, including fundraising proposals, reporting, and communications strategies. Other languages are an asset
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
- The strong multi-disciplinary skillset necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work nimbly across phone/video conferencing, time zones, slack, email, Trello, etc.
- An understanding of climate, energy, nature issues preferred but not a must
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ECF Country Lead – Strategic Communications Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|