FHI 360 Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. FHI 360 Nigeria looking for “Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management”. Applicants with a Ph.D. in Computer Science may apply on or before 10 October 2022.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management Jobs 2022
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on 29 September 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Family Health International (FHI 360)|
|Position||Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Ph.D. in Computer Science|
|Experience Required||5 to 7 years|
|Application Deadline||10 October 2022|
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2022
Basic Function: The STA Database Management must have sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics, quality assurance/quality improvement, and database development & management, and their specificities for developing countries. The STA Database Management must have the capacity to manage and build the capacity of a large team, within a multi-cultural environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on innovation design and strategic frameworks using technology.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English for coordinating across teams.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative field with relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology, and related disciplines. 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- BSc or MSc in Monitoring & Evaluation, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative field with relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology, and related disciplines. 7 to 9 years relevant experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Ability to develop and maintain databases for routine data, data quality, and service and quality assessments.
- Expertise knowledge in MySQL, MS SQL Server Administration, PostgreSQL, District Health Information System (DHIS2), DATIM, Windows NT and Office Administration and Management, Relational database design and analysis, SQL and MS Access/Excel programming skills.
- Capacity to plan, develop, maintain, and evaluate Geographical Information System (GIS) including the management of spatial databases.
- Knowledge and expertise in using GIS software such as ArcGIS 9.x equivalent
- Knowledge and expertise in developing dashboards using data visualization softwares such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FHI 360 Senior Technical Advisor – Database Management Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|