IRC Climate Resilience Designer Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IRC Nigeria looking for “Climate Resilience Designer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 12 October 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Climate Resilience Designer Jobs 2022
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 October 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Climate Resilience Designer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Position||Climate Resilience Designer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2-3 years|
|Application Deadline||12 October 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The IRC is seeking to hire a full-time user-centred designer with experience in agro-pastoral and/or climate resilience work to join and launch projects within our climate resilience portfolio in Africa, the Middle East, and/or Asia. You will help us find the most impactful and cost-effective products, services and delivery systems possible. We plan to increase the resilience of agro-pastoral livelihoods in the areas hardest hit by climate change and conflict – with a focus on women, who are disproportionately affected by climate impacts and already face significant challenges in agriculture. Our multi-disciplinary teams build, facilitate and contribute on projects that span research and ideation through prototyping, piloting, evaluation and scaling.
- Ensure UCD tools and solutions are fit-for-purpose: Tailor the GRIP’s UCD practices, activities, and outputs to our contexts and our colleagues’ bandwidth across the various stages of design including: design research, testing, and product development.
- Product design: Guide the team in considering solutions spaces based on existing evidence, user research, scalability, and market analysis. This may entail collaboration with Behavioral Science colleagues to create behavioral maps, proposal of prioritization frameworks, facilitation of brainstorms on potential scaling pathways, and syntheses of key informant interviews.
- Prototype Creation and Testing: Connect the dots between user research, evidence and expert direction from the team, and generating testable prototypes. Examples of prototypes include low-fidelity print outs, clickable mockups, sample messages, high fidelity mock-ups of service experience, user journeys, and illustrations to test for understanding.
- Prototype testing: Work with the team to test prototypes with key users and collaborators (remote and/or in person where possible).
- Final assets: Ensure final assets are of high quality, print ready, and implementation ready. Sample outputs include insights from the initial user research, product strategy, program feedback, program implementation, solution storyboards, and final program recommendations.
- Sourcing and Building Teams: Build and maintain a local network of collaborators and partners who can support the development of new products and services, including individuals, collectives, implementers and start ups. You should also have experience building relationships, on boarding, training and facilitating collaboration among diverse partners with varying degrees of familiarity with design.
- Piloting: Co-create instruction guides for using and implementing final assets, partner with the monitoring and evaluation team to draft questions to be answered during the piloting phase, and adapt the final assets and guides after the pilots based on feedback from the research conducted by the M&E/project team.
Qualification & Experience:
- User-Centered Design experience of 5+ years
- Digital design experience of 2-3 years.
- Portfolio demonstrating digital and non-digital design projects in low-resource settings in the Middle East, Africa, and/or Asia.
- Preferred experience working in agriculture, livelihoods, and climate resilience.
- Preferred experience working with smallholder farmers, low-literacy adults, displaced populations including refugees, and other vulnerable groups.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Climate Resilience Designer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|