Mercy Corps Accounting Manager Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Nigeria looking for “Accounting Manager”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 24 January 2023.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps Accounting Manager Jobs 2023
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 January 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Accounting Manager to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Five years|
|Application Deadline||24 January 2023|
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2023
General Position Summary: Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance and Compliance Director, the Accounting Manager will have primary responsibility for management & effectiveness of Mercy Corps Nigeria’s accounting function. The Accounting Manager will ensure a high level of efficiency as well as accuracy and completeness of accounting records. This role will also provide training, coaching and regular feedback to finance staff taking part in or managing the monthly accounting cycle, ensuring all accounting controls are effective both at field and country offices. As required, the Accounting Manager will examine the accounting function staffing structure and make necessary adjustments to ensure functional roles and clearly designated responsibilities. S/he will ensure standard routine accounting practices in all offices as stated in minimum performance indicators and complete the relevant payroll, Tax and HQ accounting reports for Mercy Corps Nigeria.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and oversight and effectiveness of accounting function within the Finance Department; ensures country-wide coordination, preparation and the on-time submission of the monthly reporting package to HQ and FY-end close-out process
- Oversee and coordinates timely preparation of month-end/quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded in compliance with MC policies and local laws.
- The lead in the accounts management, upgrades and implementation of any changes in the accounting software (Navigator Citrix System)
- Oversee daily entries into the system, identifies errors and coordinates with respective team members any corrective actions; does and follows up on regular transaction review and posting within Navigator
- Monitors and reviews process and accuracy of transaction entry in all MC Nigeria offices; regularly review balance sheet accounts, coordinates corrections and reclasses with the team, review and post journal entries.
- Oversee national staff payroll processing, accruals, reconciliations, end-of-service and statutory deduction calculations.
- Review Potential procurement of a payroll system and offer continuous review of the payroll system.
- In charge of month-end and fiscal year-end closure / General ledger finalization & submission to HQ offices for review; the main point of contact with HQ on all accounting matters
- Ensure that accounting records are always organized (soft and hard copies) and are accessible for easy review and retrieval.
- Ensure compliance with Nigeria’s statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, pension, etc.); monitors timely remittances to relevant institutions, and liaise with relevant tax consultants and authorities
- Provide regular transaction reviews as per the AAM level assigned
- Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from field offices to ensure accuracy and support consolidated country cash flow requests to HQ.
- Contributes to the development and update of local accounting and other policies; as member of finance management team assist with interpretation and enforces implementation and compliance with any HQ and locally developed policies
- Daily management of finance staff through training, scheduling, coaching and regular communication of job expectations to ensure minimum accounting controls are effective.
- When required, review and delineate clear roles and responsibilities within the accounting function, communicate clearly any changes required and ensure that team understands their roles
- Train the relevant finance staff on the month-end accounting close process and adjustments, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger entries and all supporting documentation within the country; train the team on the maintenance of hard and soft copies of accounting records as per MC policies and local law requirements
- Train and support field finance officers with the aim to reduce coding errors, building their capacity and increasing efficiency across the team.
- Support audit efforts from the accounting function, both internal & external audits; Assist the Finance Director in responding to audit inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience training others on financial systems.
- Four or more years of general ledger accounting experience is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria tax regulations
- A university degree in accounting or equivalent certification is required (CPA, ACA or ACCA preferable).
- Five years of experience in the Finance Department of an international NGO is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Mercy Corps Accounting Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|