Save the Children Health Safety and Environment Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Save the Children Nigeria looking for “Health Safety and Environment Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 07 March 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Health Safety and Environment Officer Jobs 2023
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 21 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Health Safety and Environment Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Health Safety and Environment Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least Five years|
|Application Deadline||07 March 2023|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Role Purpose: The Health Safety and Environmental Officer will work closely with the Project Director in Ibadan, The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and advising on risks arising from the workplace, Programme implementations etc, recommending measures to eliminate or minimise and control the risks and implementing the measures.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Ensure Health Safety and Environmental Management Systems (OHSMSs) are implemented throughout ANRiN Project lifecycle in the State.
- With guidance from the Project Director lead the implementation of general regulations, methods and processes designed to help protect staff, the environment, the public, and all SCI assets from harm.
- Collaborate with relevant units and ensure all staff and sub-contractors engaged to work on the ANRiN Project are appropriately inducted and trained on HSE measures and controls in line with SCI relevant policies;
- Prepare and deliver reports to the Project Director and Country Safety and Security team on incidents, patterns of incidents, and proposed recommendations.
- Develop and implement a training plan on occupational health and safety for all Oyo FO staff based on the identified capacity gap
- Assist the ANRiN Oyo Project teams in program trip planning by carrying out location scanning/assessment, movement tracking/records/timing prior to commencement of field activities, follow-up on travel SoPs compliance and filing of trip completion records and reporting all trip stoppages and hitches for immediate follow-up.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree level qualifications in any of humanities or sciences and Security management.
- Certification in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).
- At least Five years work experience performing HSE functions in International NGO, CBO’S and other relevant institutions will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand the changing environment, and to anticipate developments, opportunities, threats, and weaknesses in order to project a clear pathway forward for the project
- Experience in safeguards assessment, planning and implementation and safeguarding capacity development WB-funded or other donor funded projects.
- Strong learning attitude and capacity for learning and development of technical and professional skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an internationally diverse environment.
- Strong Competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems and other database/mapping systems
- Ability to work in multicultural environment and be a good team member.
- Ability to work effectively, take initiative and deliver results, even under pressure, and willing to visit sites in remote areas
- Fluency in English and any other Nigerian local languages
- Post Type: National, Fixed Term
- Selection Process: Interview
- Grade: 4
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Health Safety and Environment Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|