UNDP Administrative Assistant Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria programme looking for “Administrative Assistant”. Applicants with a Secondary Education may apply on or before 30 January 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves
UNDP Administrative Assistant Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 January 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 4 years|
|Application Deadline||30 January 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
This position is located in the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria (CONIG) and other duty stations in Nigeria.
Working under the guidance of the Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Liaison Officer, Abuja Office, and in close collaboration with UNODC Administrative Associate, the incumbent will assist in the general operations and execution of the project as well as other UNODC activities as relevant.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the project. S/he will be responsible for organizing travels, supporting organization of events, organizing workshops, preparing documents for dissemination, and providing secretarial support for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the process of preparation and drafting of project work plans, budgets, revisions, progress reports and summaries.
- Maintains all proper filing system. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project plans and general reference documents.
- Assist in the procurement process and proper asset management, monitoring, recording and disposal.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for use in the formulation of the work plans, progress reports, and periodic reviews with national counterparts.
- Assists in the development of contacts with Government institutions and authorities, local representatives of other United Nations organisations, civil society organisations, resource persons and media regarding UNODC mandates and project matters.
- Collects, assesses and analyses information related to the project in view of providing background and/or complementary information for future project proposals as well as the current project; regular inputs into relevant information networks, including creation and maintenance of institutional and individual regional expert rosters (databases) and additional information as requested.
- Maintains records on the general political situation of Nigeria and on all drugs and crime justice related events and developments of relevant to the project.
- Assists in the updating of internal records of donor assistance provided to Nigeria in the area of drugs, crime and criminal justice.
- Assistance in the organisation of terms of seminars, workshops and training activities on UNODC related issues in Nigeria.
- Assists on the preparation of terms of reference of programmes and logistics for visiting experts, missions, delegations, and donor representatives through liaison with local and overseas UN staff and government authorities.
- Maintain the project’s office activities.
- Liaise with UNDP procurement and payment matters for project related activities.
- Provide advice and assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visa, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related document in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and Nigeria.
- Makes travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel orders and assembles information pertinent to the procurement of travel.
- Advises and makes arrangement for the shipment and receipt of project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance.
- Provides support to the UNODC Security Focal Point on UNODC’s personnel security.
- Performs other duties (such as general correspondence, attendance at meeting, minutes of meetings, reports, follow-up, printing, copying, etc.) as required.
- Secondary Education, with experience in Office Administration and management
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in providing administrative support of project implementation and management, preferably in a civil service non-government organization (NGO) or international organization environment.
- Computer literacy, specifically advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
- Work experience in the United Nations System or European Union funded projects and knowledge of UNODC System would be an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Administrative Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|