UNICEF Innovation Manager Jobs 2021 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria programme looking for “Innovation Manager”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 12 October 2021.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
UNICEF Innovation Manager Jobs 2021
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 29 September 2021 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Innovation Manager to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 8 (eight) years|
|Application Deadline||12 October 2021|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2021
How can you make a difference: Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Management for Results, the Innovation Manager will be accountable for providing technical leadership and support to innovation planning/design, implementation, monitoring and documentation across programme sectoral areas and with partners, supporting the achievement of UNICEF’s priorities. They will work closely with programme sections, nine zonal offices, as well as government, UN, NGO and private sector partners.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Review and implement of the office-wide innovation/T4D strategy, based on UNICEF’s global and regional innovation strategies and the workplans
- Coordinate country-specific development and testing of innovation products and processes that strengthen and improve UNICEF’s programming and results for children and young people.
- Support the innovation/T4D needs of nine zonal offices in Nigeria by regularly undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decide on required corrective action, including in emergencies.
- Lead deployment of a portfolio approach to solutions prioritised for UNICEF programming
- Provide capacity building and training to UNICEF and partner staff and end-users in using innovative products and processes.
- Provide leadership to the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the digital development and technology innovation strategy for the country office, including assessment of T4D gaps, opportunities and scale-up strategy in support of CO priorities.
- Operationalise the digital development and technology innovation into the programme planning lifecycle through the Nigeria CO innovation/T4D Governance Committee.
- Oversee development and quality assurance during planning and deployment of T4D initiatives; participate in establishing and maintaining standards, documentation and support mechanisms for T4D.
- Convene the CO Innovation/T4D Governance Committee
- Finalise comprehensive mapping of planned, ongoing and completed innovation/T4D initiatives in Nigeria and upload in UNICEF’s innovation portfolio database INVENT.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in International Development, Business Administration, Information Technology, Innovation Management, or another related field required.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of relevant professional experience in managing programmes or projects related to information technology for development, communication, education with strong technology components across a large organisation. Experience in start-up companies/organisations is an asset.
- Experience identifying, designing and implementing solutions for large-scale projects with technical components – including supervising external vendors and software developers; responsibility for business analysis, budgets, contracts, project management and procurement, etc.
- Experience in Open Source, mobile and emerging technology applied to UNICEF programme areas is extremely desirable.
- Experience with RapidPro, OpenSRP, DHIS2, ODK and other global public good technologies, and deploying, maintaining and scaling these technologies is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of current trends in youth participation and new media
- Experience in managing internal and external partnerships, including international organisations.
- Demonstrated experiences on design principles, human-centred design approaches, business modelling from ideas to market and customer services orientations are highly desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Level: P-4
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Innovation Manager Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 October 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|