UNOCHA Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3 Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNOCHA Nigeria looking for “Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 December 2022.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs is a United Nations body established in December 1991 by the General Assembly to strengthen the international response to complex emergencies and natural disasters.
UNOCHA Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3 Jobs 2022
The UNOCHA has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 November 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3 to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
|Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3
|Total Vacant Post
|A minimum of five (5) years
|22 December 2022
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: This position-specific job opening is being advertised for the position of Humanitarian Affairs Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Office (DHoO), OCHA Nigeria, the incumbent reports to the Humanitarian Affairs Officer/ Head of Coordination Unit.
Within delegated authority, the Humanitarian Affairs Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management or emergency situations in assigned country/area.
- Organizes and prepares studies on humanitarian, emergency relief and related issues; organizes follow-up work, including interagency technical review meetings to support policy development work and decision-making on important issues.
- Participates in large, complex projects, to include disaster assessment or other missions; assists in the coordination of international humanitarian/emergency assistance for complex emergency/disaster situations and in ensuring the necessary support (e.g. staff, funding, specialized equipment, supplies, etc.); drafts situation reports to the international community, apprising of situation to date and specifying unmet requirements of stricken countries.
- Partners with other humanitarian agencies to plan and evaluate humanitarian and emergency assistance programmes and help ensure that latest findings, lessons learned, policy guidelines, etc. are incorporated into these activities, including gender-related considerations.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with government officials, other UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, diplomatic missions, media, etc.
- Undertakes and provides support to technical assistance and other field missions, e.g. participates in field trips to undertake in-depth reviews of specific country coordination mechanisms.
- Prepares or contributes to the preparation of various written reports, documents and communications, e.g., drafts sections of studies, background papers, policy guidelines, parliamentary documents, briefings, case studies, presentations, correspondence, etc.
- Serves as the primary focal point on specific topics or policy-related issues; keeps abreast of latest developments, liaises with other humanitarian organizations, donors, etc., ensures appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms; provides information and advice on a range of related issues.
- Reviews and provides advice on policy issues related to safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience in a humanitarian context within the UN common system or in a comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the West and Central Africa region is desirable.
French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOCHA Humanitarian Affairs Officer P3 Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click Here to View
|Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy