WFP IT Operations Officer Jobs 2021 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. WFP Nigeria programme looking for “IT Operations Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 30th November 2021.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP IT Operations Officer Jobs 2021
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 November 2021 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of IT Operations Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||IT Operations Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Application Deadline||30th November 2021|
WFP Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: To deliver efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Contribute to the development of plans and budgets, and manage the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Monitor and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; contribute to technology upgrades as required.
- Contribute to technical specifications and tender documents that support the procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Collate and analyse data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and understanding of industry developments.
- Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and/or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximise possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- 3 or more years of postgraduate professional experience in relevant field.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP IT Operations Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30th November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|