Plan International Communication and Gender Equality Advisor Jobs 2021 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Plan International Nigeria programme looking for “Communication and Gender Equality Advisor”. Applicants with a Graduate in any social or public health discipline may apply on or before 20th August 2021.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organisations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Plan International Communication and Gender Equality Advisor Jobs 2021
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 August 2021 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication and Gender Equality Advisor to be based in Bauchi, Nigeria.
|Position||Communication and Gender Equality Advisor|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Graduate in any social or public health discipline|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||20th August 2021|
Plan International Job Vacancy 2021
Role Purpose: The position will support the overall coordination of the BORN project BCC and GE implementation strategy in line with the costed extension work plan of the BORN project. The role will support the projects to be more gender transformative and provide capacity building support to project staff and partners. The role will liaise with project partners in ensuring proper and result oriented engagement with various community structures in the dissemination of targeted MNCH/SRH and COVID-19 information that are geared towards positive behaviour change.
- Ensure that the Project Gender Equality initiatives are aligned with both the Country and Global Gender Equality and Inclusion strategies.
- Foster strong relationships and work closely with stakeholders at state, LGA and community level on gender and inclusion work to keep abreast of key policy changes and relevant external issues, and to maximize their role as advocates for the change Plan International Nigeria aims to achieve.
- Create strategic partnerships and close coordination with all stakeholders, including the Government and its relevant agencies, civil society, and donor agencies.
- Ensure strong linkages with the Governance and Monitoring, Evaluations and Research (MER) units so that advocacy and gender and inclusion initiatives and reports are based on evidence.
- Represent the Project at meetings and events where necessary.
- Work with Regional Office and International Headquarters to strengthen and support Gender transformative programming.
Qualification/ Technical expertise, skills and knowledge:
- Graduate in any social or public health discipline, preference will be given to candidates in a gender, human rights, development studies – specializing on gender and development or social development related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the sector, including field and management experience.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Proven record of accomplishment of leadership within an international organization.
- Compelling influencer and communicator – able to inspire, build consensus and bring people together around a common agenda.
- Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Project management and grant development experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing, and monitoring inclusive, gender-equitable development programs
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Experience of managing people and ability to build, develop and motivate a high performing team, prioritizing effective cross organizational working as a key element of high performance.
- Experience of managing budgets and planning and reporting protocols.
- In-depth understanding of gender and inclusion issues and how these link together with the child rights and human rights based approach;
- Strong abilities in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge on issues of inclusion (marginalized groups including people with disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, indigenous minorities, etc.).
- Ability to effectively advocate for, lobby and present issues to internal and external audiences for children’s right, gender equality and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise reports, concept notes and other documentation.
- Ability to train others in gender and inclusion related matters.
- Expertise in child rights and a passion for development.
- Strong ability to communicate complex technical or policy issues in simple and clear terms.
- Excellent communication skills that effectively represent an organization’s mission and values internally and externally.
- Strong team building and management skills in a virtual or matrixes relationship.
- Confident public speaker.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Contract Duration: Two months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Plan International Communication and Gender Equality Advisor Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20th August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|