Plan International Project Coordinator Jobs 2021 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Plan International Nigeria programme looking for “Project Coordinator”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 4th December 2021.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organisations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Plan International Project Coordinator Jobs 2021
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 November 2021 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Coordinator to be based in Borno, Nigeria.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 4 years|
|Application Deadline||4th December 2021|
Plan International Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The position holder is overall responsible to lead the food and nutrition security project implementation in Gwoza and working closely with the LGA government stakeholder, Nutrition and food distribution colleagues for the effective implementation and linkage of CMAM program with the community and facility. This includes providing guidance and support to the team as well as ensuring proper coordination with other sectors and organizational functions. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide a consistent and high-quality technical support in the project implementation and will assist food and Nutrition officers, and other staff in the LGA to build strong food distribution and nutrition implementation package.
- Oversee the development, Planning, managing and implementing of the food and nutrition security projects funded by UNWFP in consultation and collaboration with the Nutrition specialist and the Emergency Response manager.
- Lead implementation of Food distribution and nutrition activities using appropriate Plan International Nigeria project management tools to plan, review and track progress and quality by the Food security and nutrition team
- Ensure the relevance and implementation of technically-sound beneficiary selection criteria and approaches;
- Ensure tactical plans for all projects are developed and field level activities are set up efficiently under the integrated model to promote food and nutrition security and build community resilience to the effects of climate extremes.
- Oversee programme quality in accordance with Plan International and Donor policies and best practices.
- Build on existing, and seek new synergies for advocacy through the cluster system at LGA level, technical working groups and other fora in Food Security and Nutrition Sector.
- Support cross-sectoral periodic programme reviews to assess programme progress, capture lessons learnt and adapt programme strategies as necessary in accordance with Plan International’s results-based management principles.
- Analyse and report the humanitarian needs and provide clear and detailed recommendations for intervention, develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Assist the nutrition specialist in identifying and developing new needs/growth opportunities and/or opportunities for strategic partnerships.
- Assist the Nutrition specialist for program development, program management and strategy development.
- Ensure strong cooperation and coordination with Gender and Protection Officer to ensure all Food and nutrition programming is sensitive to and, where possible, actively reducing protection risks amongst vulnerable population groups.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Human nutrition, Agriculture, business administration, management and economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 4 years, including managing general Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Experience Managing UNWFP-funded projects is preferable.
- Experience in remote management.
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects is preferable.
- Excellent experience in Microsoft office.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to read and write in both English and other local languages appropriately
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Plan International Project Coordinator Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 4th December 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|