UNDP Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
UNDP Nigeria looking for “Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 21 March 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
|Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 7 years
|21 March 2023
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Position Purpose: In this respect, UNDP seeks to recruit a Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist (Project Manager) to lead and coordinate the implementation of UNDP-specific component of the Action. S/He will work closely with other UN partner agencies to deliver on the day-to-day activities of the joint Actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the UNDP-specific reconciliation and social cohesion activities of the project.
- Ensure close coordination with relevant partners, design and conduct process for a national and localized conflict analysis that aims to gain a comprehensive and shared understanding of potential or ongoing violent conflicts to identify key threats to the security, reconciliation, and social cohesion of communities.
- Support the review and assessment of existing local mechanisms for peace, reconciliation, and social cohesion and the formulation of relevant recommendations for the development of a coordinated and consistent approach for local peace/reconciliation infrastructures.
- Engage with civil society to catalyze and build upon existing initiatives for conflict management and dialogue.
- Undertake a rapid assessment with a view to identify risk factors for violence, including gender-based violence, and confidence-building opportunities to calibrate UNDP engagement on dialogue with various stakeholders
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences with a focus on peace and conflict studies, international relations, political science, development studies or a related field is required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience at national and/or international level in advisory and analytical positions is required
- Extensive experience coordinating activities in social cohesion, reconciliation, peacebuilding, conflict resolution and management, consensus-building, dialogue processes, collaborative decision-making, and leadership is desired
- Excellent conflict analysis and reporting skills, experience in bilateral and/or multilateral negotiations is desired
- Practical experience in capacity-building, negotiation, facilitation and training skills, leadership development, and strategy development is desired.
- Strong experience in conflict sensitive programming
- Previous experience in planning and operationalizing development programming in post-conflict environment
- Prior experience in facilitation and/or coaching in negotiation processes and dialogue activities
- Knowledge of the programming of the United Nations (One UN), particularly in the context of crisis and post-crisis is desired
- Knowledge of M&E systems, and results and performance-based management and reporting
- Experience in partnership building and resource mobilization in conflict context is required
- Has a clear intellectual interest in the development process of national reconciliation and social cohesion
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.).
- Proactive sharing of knowledge and experience
- Experience in special development situations in Africa would be an asset, as well as previous experience working in the Lake Chad region.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click Here to View
|Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy