UNICEF Communication and Advocacy Specialist Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Communication and Advocacy Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 09 October 2022.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Communication and Advocacy Specialist Jobs 2022
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 September 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication and Advocacy Specialist to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Communication and Advocacy Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 8 years|
|Application Deadline||09 October 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
How can you make a difference?
The overall objective of the post is to support the successful community-based reintegration of children and adults formerly associated with NSAG in the northeast of Nigeria.
Summary of key functions/ accountabilities:
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the community-based social reintegration, communication, and advocacy component of the EU Support for Reconciliation and Reintegration of Former Armed Non-State Combatants and Boko Haram Associates with UNICEF, IOM, and UNDP.
- Lead and support the information dissemination through context-appropriate media, to provide communities with information on the rehabilitation, reconciliation, and reintegration processes aimed at increased transparency, proactively managing expectations, and building trust.
- Support UNICEF, UNDP, and IOM and implementing partners to prepare the families and communities to receive children, men, and women formerly associated with NSAGs through community-led participatory activities in selected communities for effective reconciliation and reintegration.
- Support to promote dialogue and increase community leadership in support mechanisms for reconciliation and reintegration. As recommended in the Borno State Reconciliation and Reintegration Policy, this will include working with religious institutions and leaders to support alternative narratives and inter-faith activities, and craft messages about the importance of tolerance and forgiveness.
- Support to implement of S2R project visibility plan and ensures photographs and/or videos are being taken, filed, and used for communications and reporting purposes.
- Engage communication and media channels to inform communities on social reintegration and other key information, including developing content for radio programs and traditional festivals, designing pamphlets, and coordinating with associations, traditional ceremonies, and religious gatherings.
- Provide regular support to government and partners in designing strategic communication, media, and community engagement strategies and implement them through partners
- Support the Ministry of Information to continue to implement public information and awareness campaigns for reintegration, Birth registration, and prevention of grave child rights violations
- Monitoring, planning, implementation and management of the relevant CAAC reintegration grants including the EU grants, develop work plans, monitor implementation.
- Support with timely donor reports of CAAC reintegration-related grants such as the EU, Swiss, French Natcom, US State Department, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree from a recognized university in social/behavioral sciences (social work, education, psychology, sociology, or other social science fields), anthropology, development studies, or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 8 years demonstrable professional experience in implementing community-based social reintegration and experience in community mobilization and engagement and social cohesion required
- Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions.
- Ability to conceptualize ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form, innovative, plan and execute ideas.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Communication and Advocacy Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|