DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. DRC Nigeria looking for “Protection Assistant”. Applicants with a Degree in community development may apply on or before 15 July 2022.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2022
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 July 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Assistant to be based in Michika, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Degree in community development|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||15 July 2022|
DRC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Protection Assistant, under the supervision of the Protection team lead, is responsible for the day to day implementation of the various protection activities in the field locations under his/her responsibility. This includes conduct Protection Monitoring, referrals and follow up of referrals, (including establishing referral pathways), identification of IPA beneficiaries and follow up of cases, psychosocial support activities, monitor the protection incentive workers’ work and manage them on a daily basis.
The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations, etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed Work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Protection team lead) and the international standards
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- Identify and intervene in protection cases in the camps and host communities with technical support from line manager.
- Refer protection cases to partner agencies and seek to solicit services for them.
- Ensure all protection activities and cases are individually documented, filed and up to date in Kobo.
- Engage with communities directly and create awareness on human rights, child protection, SGBV, and other protection-related topics
- Train community members, partner staff and other local authorities on protection topics
- Identify protection trends and bring this to the attention of the line manager for action planning
- Carry out advocacy and sensitization activities at the field level
- Represent DRC protection in all partner discussions at the field level
- Participate in and actively recruit casual social workers are needed.
- Conduct community meetings, FGDs, and other direct community activities as part of protection monitoring.
- Document all protection activities on Kobo.
- Carry out any delegated activities as assigned by DRC management at the field level including supervision of field bases.
- Manage DRC protection assets assigned to the field of operation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in community development, psychology, sociology, human right, developmental works, and other social sciences.
- Two years work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or significant experience as a DRC Protection social or outreach worker.
- Knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities.
- Good understanding of the Northeast operational context
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|