UNMISS Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Political Affairs Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 28th March 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Political Affairs Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)|
|Position||Political Affairs Officer|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||28th March 2023|
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Political Affairs Section of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Juba. Juba is classified as an “E” hardship duty station and a non-family duty station. The incumbent will report to a Senior Political Affairs Officer.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in political science, international relations, law, disarmament, security, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds, and programmes), or similar international organization or non-governmental organization, in a conflict or post – conflict setting is required.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting diverse specialized reports for Mission and UNHQ leadership, experience preparing analytical papers on a wide variety of subjects and issues in diverse thematic areas, of varying degrees of complexity; experience drafting code cables, talking points, briefing notes is required.
- Experience in political outreach, facilitation, analysis, providing advice and reporting is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-204581-J- (M)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=204581
The Closing Date: 28th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNICEF ICT Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Communication Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
- NRC HR Admin Coordinator Jobs 2023
- NRC Information Management Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Solidarités International Program Coordinator Jobs 2023
- WHO Health Information Management and Risk Assessment Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Manager Jobs 2023