UNV Civil Affairs Officer Jobs 2021 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNV South Sudan looking for “Civil Affairs Officer “. Applicants with a Bachelor degree may apply on or before 09th June 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers programme is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
UNV Civil Affairs Officer Jobs 2021
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Position||Civil Affairs Officer|
|Duty Station||Juba, Wau, Aweil, Kapoeta, Rumbek OLS, Bentiu (SSD)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 03 years|
|Application Deadline||09th June 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Description of task:
Reporting to the Civil Affairs Team Leader at the field office level, the incumbent’s responsibilities will be:
- Maintain contact with local government authorities, political leaders, traditional leaders, religious leaders, civil society groups and business people, as well as with representatives of local and international organisations and brief them on the mandate and activities of UNMISS, if so required;
- Provide analysis on conflict management (prevention, mitigation, resolution) including related political, security, social and economic developments, youth and gender-related issues or any other significant developments in order to identify trends within the area of responsibility (AOR), and in support of the mission’s overall protection of civilians mandate;
- Provide support to local level peace processes;
- Provide accurate, timely and factual daily, weekly and monthly reports on conflict management, protection of civilians and peace process activities within the area of responsibility;
- Assist with conducting VIP briefings and visits;
- Collaborate and coordinate relevant activities, participate in meetings with other UN agencies and other bodies and institutions, including local and international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) operating at the state/county level;
- Perform in assessment missions to outlying villages and localities to build capacity in the area of conflict management and civic education, gather information, establish and maintain local level relationships;
- Support the organisation of workshops either within CAD or in collaboration with others;
- Perfom any other assignment, as may be directed by the Team leader and/or the Director/Deputy Head of the Civil Affairs Division.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- University Degree or advanced degree in conflict related studies, political-economy and/or any relevant social science discipline.
Required experience: 36 Months
- At least three years relevant experience in coordination and liaison with partners and stakeholders;
- Experience working in conflict situations in the area of conflict management: prevention, mitigation, resolution, essential;
- Experience in a combination of good governance, democracy building and/or civic education highly regarded;
- Knowledge of database management an asset;
- Proven report-writing and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Civil Affairs Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unv.org/calls/SSDR001508-9637
The Closing Date: 09th June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|