Save the Children Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2021 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. Save the Children South Sudan looking for “Child Protection Assistant“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 23rd August 2021.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Save the Children Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2021
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th August 2021 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Child Protection Assistant to be based in Malakal, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Child Protection Assistant – (210005X9)|
|Location||Malakal, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 02 years|
|Application Deadline||23rd August 2021|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2021
Under the supervision and technical support of the Chid Protection/Case Management Officer, the Child Protection Assistant will give support in identifying, documenting and responding to child protection cases of vulnerable and at risk children to access basic services and receive other support as required. The assistant will monitor, conduct case by case follow ups and facilitate the alternative care and reunification process of unaccompanied and separated children. He/she will take lead in identification of cases for children with protection concerns using the customized Case Management forms, including the Best Interest Assessment and Best Interest Determination forms. Maintain highest standards of professional conduct and ensure actions do not put children at risks of further harm. Conduct initial assessments for CP cases (Best Interest Assessment) and prioritize them according to risk level. Develop case plans with the child and family that respond to needs identified in assessments and seek support of supervision when necessary. Ensure that direct services as well as timely referrals to existing or external services and supports (medical, legal, MHPSS, etc.) are part of the case plan.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in social sciences, counselling, psychology, social work or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years work experience in Child Protection
- Previous work with children required, preferably in a social work or educational setting.
- Must be excellent in communicating with children.
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local languages (Juba Arabic)
- Good understanding of community politics and traditional networks
- Experience in interview techniques (child friendly)
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to cooperate with others
- Be able to work in challenging environment i.e. walk substantial distances
- Ability to represent SC in South Sudan Child Protection policies and approach
- Ability to work through line management and also under limited supervision
- Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Understanding of issues of confidentiality
- High degree of initiative and responsibility
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate as child focused agency and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Previous NGO experience, including an understanding of the neutral status of an international NGO.
- Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, education, child rights and emergencies
- Contract Duration: 3 Months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection…….
The Closing Date: 23rd August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|