WFP Security Operations Support Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. WFP South Sudan looking for “Security Operations Support Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced University degree may apply on or before 30th March 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Security Operations Support Officer Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Security Operations Support Officer to be based in Malakal, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Security Operations Support Officer NOA|
|Location||Malakal, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum 01 year|
|Application Deadline||30th March 2023|
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office supporting the standardization and implementation of plans and that emergency systems are regularly tested for WFP facilities in-country.
- Liaise with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the in-country security management apparatus and attend security operations management meetings, to ensure WFP management and staff are fully briefed on security matters in RB/CO.
- In conjunction with WFP Field Security Division, provide operational support to the Country, Area and Field Offices for achievement of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and Minimum Operational Residential Security Standards (MORSS) compliance.
- Responsible for all facilities access control measures and procedures to ensure safety and security of WFP staff and visitors in line with UNSMS best practices.
- Provide support to the management of security budget including procurement planning to facilitate efficient and cost effective resources management.
- Responsible for management of security equipment to ensure it is issued correctly, is in serviceable condition and is in compliance with the established security standards.
- Maintain liaison with Human Resources Unit regarding a number of security staffing matters (e.g. recruitment, contract management, capacity building), to ensure compliance with the established WFP policies and procedures.
- Collect information about local security developments, issues and potential impact upon WFP operations for supervisor’s attention in order to support security and operational activities.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to contribute to the consistency of information presented to the senior managers.
- Provide security orientation briefing to newly arrived staff to ensure staff are well-informed of local security conditions and procedures.
- Support training activities as required to build the security capabilities of WFP and external partners.
- Support the supervisor during emergencies to meet changing needs.
- Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses. A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
- Typically one year or more of progressively responsible professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing support staff.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good theoretical understanding of security management concepts and principals with a knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Ability to assimilate a range of information and make basic analyses to support the development of efficient solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Ability to contribute to and/or deliver effective briefing and training, assessing participant needs.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
- Vacancy Announcement Number: 627147
- Contract Type/Grade: Fixed Term/Noa
- Contract Duration: 12 Months Renewable
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Security Operations Support Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 30th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF ICT Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Communication Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
- NRC HR Admin Coordinator Jobs 2023
- NRC Information Management Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Solidarités International Program Coordinator Jobs 2023