DRC Project Engineer Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. DRC Uganda looking for “Project Engineer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 15 August 2022.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
DRC Project Engineer Jobs 2022
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 26 July 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Engineer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||15 August 2022|
DRC Job Vacancy 2022
Overall purpose of the role:
- Coordinate closely with the Project Water Engineer and the Program Manager on technical approach.
- Review and prepare engineering drawings, designs, BOQs as per the Rural Infrastructure Manual (technical screening).
- Continuously supervise the construction and maintenance of all projects.
- Ensure all rural infrastructure are climate change resilient; these will be based on site surveys to identify topographical land contours for planning a series of contour swales as well as ponds to passively capture surface water runoff and run on.
- Conduct technical assessments on topography, contours and landscape patterns as well as surface hydrological behavior and fluvial geomorphology and when required and monitor the quality assurance and quality control of design and implementation on all water projects.
- Coordinate project activities with the District Focal persons from the Engineering, Water, Environment and Forestry Departments in the target districts.
- Coordinate closely with district, UNWMZ and Ministry of water and Environment to ensure all designs are of highest standards.
- Ensure very high standard of technical screening of projects jointly with the district technical team and compile Investment Plans for approval by the District Technical Planning Committees (DTPC) and support capacity building for district and line Ministries
- Participate in BID committee to provide technical inputs for the selection of contractors and ensure technical specifications are accurate to fast track procurement process and ensure quality assurance
- Develop a monitoring scheme that includes performance and impact indicators for all infrastructures related activities.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the projects;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Ensure the right structures for instance drifts and culverts are constructed in the identified bottlenecks and ensure value for money
- Inspect and supervise work for quality control and compile inspection report.
- Ensure project accomplishments according to specifications and targets.
- Ensure regular communication between communities at the project implementation sites and DRC
- Ensure adequate contract management with the support supply chain department (close monitoring of variation, formal communication to contractors, etc.) in line with DRC operational handbook.
- Processing payment certificates for contractors after completion of works.
- Participate in training of Project Management Committees (PMC) and Project User Committees (PUCs) together with the district technical team
- Develop investment plans (costed BOQ) together with supervising engineers.
- Support the development of the work plan developed by regional managers together with the Program Manager.
- Together with the Engineering Officers, work on project technical reports
- Together with Supervising engineers ensure all structures constructed have resilient design structures.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar engineering degree.
- Demonstrated experience conducting landscape level earthworks and passive water harvesting
- Demonstrate experience in permaculture, agroecology and agroforestry systems
- Demonstrate experience in natural pond construction
- Demonstrate knowledge of water and soil chemistry and soil microbiology highly desired.
- 7 years of post-graduate relevant work experience;
- 5 years of relevant work experience from a lesser developed country
- Relevant experience from 3 projects in a similar position;
- Relevant experience with agricultural related rural infrastructure and Water Resources Management;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Project Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|