IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IOM Uganda looking for “Operations Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 28, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on March 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Assistant to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Position||Operations Assistant, (Field Support)|
|Total Vacant Post||02|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||March 28, 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake field support activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility, camp-based operation or sub-office, or in relation to transportation.
- Perform airport services, such as providing custodial care of travel documentation; verifying identities and documentation, including exit permissions, visas, tickets and other items in the travel bag; assisting with airport formalities, including flight arrivals, curb-side assistance, check-in, luggage formalities, immigration procedures, security screening systems and customs clearance; escorting arriving individuals to ground transportation and departing individuals to their gates; visually confirming flights have departed; ensuring individuals with special needs or equipment receive appropriate support; and, as needed, sending notifications using relevant systems.
- Assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities, including upon arrival with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food and non-food items and room assignments; during their stay with food and non-food items, instructions, briefings, activities and resolution of issues; and
- upon departure for medical appointments, return travel or onward travel with briefings, luggage support and transition to transportation. Enter and update relevant data in the appropriate systems and ensure vulnerable individuals are assisted in a manner that ensures their safety, security and
- comfort; report all issues immediately to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Provide assistance at transit centers and third-party facilities for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods, ensuring the needs of individuals are met throughout their stay. Communicate promptly with third-party facility representatives and/or supervisors if issues arise.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, including liaising with service providers, ensuring the identity verification, readiness and organization of individuals being transported, and providing relevant briefings. Assist with baggage sorting, tagging and handling and escort individuals on transportation as needed. Ensure individuals with special needs are provided with appropriate services and report any issues to supervisors immediately.
- Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Senior Operations Assistant and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Senior Operations Assistant or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Operations Assistant, (Field Support) – 2 Positions
- Reference No: VN/UG/005/2022
- Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
- Classification: General Service (G4)
- Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 28th March 2023
- Completed University degree with two years of work experience from an accredited institution, or
- Completed High school diploma with four years of relevant professional experience
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English
- Working Knowledge of Swahili and any other UN languages.
How to Apply IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 28th March 2023. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/005/2023 – Operations Assistant, Field Support- Entebbe, Uganda should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
From 14th March 2023 to 28th March 2023.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Project Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Project Associate Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Office Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Partnership Manager Jobs 2023
- IRC MEAL Manager Jobs 2023
- IFDC Admin and Finance Assistant Jobs 2023
- IDI Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023