RSCE Engineering Assistant Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. RSCE Uganda looking for “Engineering Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High school diploma may apply on or before October 05, 2022.
The United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe is United Nations Peacekeeping office based in Entebbe, Uganda that provides services, such as administrative, logistics and information and communications technology to various United Nations missions.
RSCE Engineering Assistant Jobs 2022
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 30, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Engineering Assistant to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High school diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||October 05, 2022|
RSCE Job Vacancy 2022
Within delegated authority, the Engineering Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- – Supervises and coordinates activities in resolving technical site problems, providing technical specification and cost estimates related to any RSCE assignments, planning and scheduling of projects for maintenance, repair, and installation on the premises.
- -Supervises and coordinates activities concerning projects for installations, systems and equipment.
- -Performs project management activities coordinating alteration works to ensure that the quality of contractors’ services is in accordance with set terms and conditions, codes and standards as well as health and safety rules and regulations.
- -Performs activities related to commissioning of engineering works, including periodical and final inspection.
- -Liaises with projects stakeholders to arrive at mutually satisfactory approaches to problems.
- -Updates Supervisors/Managers periodically on projects status. Planning and design: of all minor and major projects.
- -Applies commonly used engineering design practices and precedents for site projects.
- -Carries out site visits, technical assessments and prototype inspections.
- -Analyzes project proposals to assess technical feasibility and resources estimation.
- -Prepares technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantity and cost estimates necessary for the preparation of SORs/SOWs for bidding packages.
- – Checks, verifies and recommends for approvals to Management on all invoices/Claims submitted by contactors during the implementation phase as per UN procurement rules and ensure all technical inputs and cost estimates are accurate, timely provided and included in the project proposals and budgets.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ENGINEERING ASSISTANT, G6 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: ENGINEERING ASSISTANT
- Department/Office: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 29 September 2022 – 05 October 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Engineering-RSCE-190961-J-Entebbe (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in facilities management, building management, engineering, architecture, administrative services or related area is required.
- A minimum of one year working experience in computer aided design software such as Autocad or similar is required.
- Experience in structural design analysis is desirable.
- Experience in the use of engineering tools and management of studio equipment is desirable.
- Experience in MS Office is required
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
How to Apply RSCE Engineering Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=190961
The Closing Date: October 05, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|