RSCE Finance Assistant Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
RSCE Uganda looking for “Finance Assistant”.
Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before March 13, 2024.
The United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe is United Nations Peacekeeping office based in Entebbe, Uganda that provides services, such as administrative, logistics and information and communications technology to various United Nations missions.
RSCE Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on February 08, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Assistant to be based in Entebbe, Uganda.
|Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
|Total Vacant Post
|High school diploma
|Minimum 05 years
|March 13, 2024
RSCE Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Finance Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
- Assists with the processing of non-travel related commercial vendors’ invoices and payments to vendors providing goods or services to all RSCE Client Missions (processing invoices resulting from commitments such as purchase orders, fund commitments, direct expenditures, medical clinic invoices and replenishment of petty cash.
- Assist in the development of the Service Line’s annual budget development program, particularly with respect to the establishment of major resourcing priorities, and prepare cost estimates and budget proposals, in line with the Service Line’s resourcing requirements. Review, analyze and revise data with respect to the finalization of the budget proposals as well as Result Based Budgeting inputs.
- Prepares staff members’ entitlements including claims, danger pay, daily subsistence allowance, mission subsistence allowance for Government
- Provided Personnel, Civilian Police and Staff Officers, volunteer living allowance and any other allowances for payments in conformity and adherence to applicable United Nations policies e.g., staff rules, financial regulations and rules, ST/AI issuances or practices, IPSAS policy framework etc.
- Assists in the review of completeness of documentation supporting invoices and payment requests; Process vendors payments in Umoja after verification of accuracy and consistency with Purchase Order and Goods Receipt/Service Certification; Advise Vendors, Procurement, SAU, R&I, etc. of any missing documentation or anomalies that may delay payment within one business day; Make close follow up to obtain missing documentation; Maintain record of pending issues, update case files weekly; Respond to queries from Vendors, Procurement, SAU, R&I, etc. ;
- Measure performance against established KPI’s; vendor open items monthly.
- Assists in the verification of transfers to other house banks, imprest payment and preparation of statement, as well as preparation of remittance requests to UNHQ and projection of off-cycle payments to UNMISS; Answering queries from staff members, vendors, missions, other house banks; Keeping accurate records for the purpose of auditing, and performance reports.
- Process Assignment Grants, Relocation Grants, and DSA payments. Approve and create profile in Progen for payroll.
- Prepare advance payment request; Initiate BP requests; Process daily allowances for TCCs / PCCs (Troop Contributing Countries and Police Contributing Countries); Process MSA; Process final and withheld payments (as well as recoveries); Payment of DHL invoices; Release payroll, and payments for entitlements.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to three (3) for candidates who possess a first level degree or higher.
- Experience in administration of a broad range of Allowances and Payments using Systems Applications and Products (SAP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software e.g. Umoja or similar is required.
- Experience in application of UN or other similar international organization Financial Rules and Regulations in an operational environment is desirable.
- Experience in a shared service center or similar setup is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised post, fluency in English, oral and written is required; Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Posting Title: FINANCE ASSISTANT (Temporary Job Opening), G5
- Job Code Title: FINANCE ASSISTANT
- Department/ Office: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 6 February 2024 – 13 Mar 2024
- Job Opening number: 24-FIN-RSCE-227647-J-ENTEBBE (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
How to Apply RSCE Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: March 13, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Supply and Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024
- IGCP Head of Quality and Patient Experience Jobs 2024
- IGCP Head of Clinical Laboratory Services and Business Development Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Project Coordinator Jobs 2024
- MONUSCO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNDP Programme Officer Jobs 2024
- UNDP WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2024