RSCE Procurement Assistant Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
RSCE Uganda looking for “Procurement Assistant”.
Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before March 13, 2024.
The United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe is United Nations Peacekeeping office based in Entebbe, Uganda that provides services, such as administrative, logistics and information and communications technology to various United Nations missions.
RSCE Procurement Assistant Jobs 2024
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on February 21, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Assistant to be based in Entebbe, Uganda.
|Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
|Total Vacant Post
|High school diploma
|Minimum Five years
|March 13, 2024
RSCE Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Procurement Officers in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
- Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors and funding sources.
- Monitors status of existing requisitions/ shopping-carts, maintains contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, coordinates shipment of goods/commodities/equipment to HQ and field missions, verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compiles data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Procurement Officers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Assists relevant officers in more complex, higher value purchasing operations; coordinates distribution of pertinent documents to concerned parties, ensures appropriate follow-up action, etc.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
- Drafts routine correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of
relevant experience is reduced to three (3) for candidates who possess a first level degree or higher.
- Hands-on experience in supporting tender exercises for the procurement of various goods and services is desirable.
- Experience in category management is desirable.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP or similar system, and/or working with E-Tendering systems such as Ariba or similar system is desirable.
- Experience in sourcing, cleaning and preparing data, selection and developing visualization/metrics in transportation, procurement, and/or supply chain management that enable easy communication/interpretation by the users is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Posting Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT, G5
- Job Code Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
- Department/ Office: Department of Operational Support
- Location: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 13 February 2024-13 March 2024
- Job Opening number: 24-PRO-DOS-227612-R-ENTEBBE (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
How to Apply RSCE Procurement Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: March 13, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy