RSCE Public Information Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. RSCE Uganda looking for “Public Information Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before Feb. 23, 2023.
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE) was established in 2010 through General Assembly resolution 64/269 as part of the Global Field Support Strategy (GFSS). The overall objective of GFSS was to transform service delivery to field missions through a fundamental shift in the existing division of labour and a relocation of functions to improve responsiveness and address the needs of the field missions.
RSCE Public Information Officer Jobs 2023
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on January 26, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Public Information Officer to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)|
|Position||Public Information Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 23, 2023|
RSCE Job Vacancy 2023
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the supervisor and within the limits of delegated authority, the Public Information Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Implements communications strategies and activities – Responsible for participating in the development and implementation of a strategy for media relations, publications, web and digital media including social media, community outreach and/or radio products with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for the Center’s work and support for its mandate and priorities. – Contributes to reports to RSCE leadership, UNHQ on communications activities, developments, trends and attitudes regarding the UN; and coordinates and shares public information activities and guidance with other sections of the Public Information Unit and leadership when appropriate. – Provides communication support to managers, senior officers and other public information staff on a range of public affairs issues, methods, and approaches;
- Provides support to internal communications – Produces reports, newsletters, and other materials of interest to internal audiences. – Ensures Center internal communication is up to date and accurate. – Other related duties that may be assigned.
(More Details Please Check Advt.)
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER, NOC
- Job Code Title: PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
- Department/Office: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 25 January 2023 – 23 February 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Public Information-RSCE-199972-R-Entebbe (N)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in public information, journalism, international relations, public administration, or related area is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programmes) – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply RSCE Public Information Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=199972
The Closing Date: Feb. 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|