UNDOS Driver Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNDOS Uganda looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a degree in valid national driving license with classes B, C, D is required may apply on or before Sep. 20, 2022.
The Department of Operational Support (DOS) provides operational support to all UN Secretariat entities, including advisory, operational and transactional support services and, where needed, exercises delegated authority on behalf of clients. DOS supports the entire UN Secretariat, consisting of almost 100 entities located around the globe.
UNDOS Driver Jobs 2022
The UNDOS has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 15, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Department of Operational Support (UNDOS)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||valid national driving license with classes B, C, D is required|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 20, 2022|
UNDOS Job Vacancy 2022
The Driver will perform a wide range of safe, reliable, courteous and discreet ground transportation and support services for various stakeholders of the RSCE.
Within delegated authority, the Driver will perform the following duties according to the needs of the service lines within the RSCE:
- Transport authorized Conference services Clients, RSCE and UN staff, high-ranking officials and visitors to and from their respective destinations safely, including picking them from and dropping them to the airport, after-hours when necessary.
- Assist official personnel and visitors with completing visa and customs formalities at the airport when required.
- Keep abreast of road traffic conditions, Safety and Security broadcasts, event schedules, weather and other relevant information and use familiarity of the local area to select among alternative routes those that facilitate punctual arrivals and departures.
- Operate assigned UN vehicular assets properly and in accordance with the requirements of the Service Centre, the regulations of the United Nations and the laws of the host country and ensure availability during their operation of all required documents/supplies such as insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, necessary spare parts, etc.
- Provide adequate day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through effecting timely arranging for minor and major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and coolant, washing, etc. so that the said vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Keep required supervisory and managerial entities updated about all incidents and ensure that all designated SOPs are observed for any vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
- Participate in logistical activities related to RTCC events, inclusive of preparation of seating arrangements in accordance with event requirements and UN protocol; preparation/reproduction of events documents and handling of different equipment.
- Assist various RSCE offices with filing, collection and distribution of mail, packages, purchases and correspondences, both incoming and outgoing
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: DRIVER, G3 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: DRIVER
- Department/Office: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 14 September 2022 – 20 September 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Transportation-RSCE-190363-J-Entebbe (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- A valid national driving license with classes B, C, D is required.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills is desirable.
- Technical training as Motor Vehicle Technician (National Technician Certificate or equivalent) is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in an international organization, non-governmental organization, embassy or the United Nations common field operation is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics and electronics is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply UNDOS Driver Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=190363
The Closing Date: Sep. 20, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|