UNOIOS Chief of Section Investigations Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNOIOS Uganda looking for “Chief of Section Investigations“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) may apply on or before October 30, 2022.
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization.
UNOIOS Chief of Section Investigations Jobs 2022
The UNOIOS has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 17, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Section Investigations to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||UNOIOS – United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services|
|Position||Chief of Section Investigations|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||October 30, 2022|
UNOIOS Job Vacancy 2022
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will serve as the Chief of the Investigations Section in the Entebbe Regional Office (Uganda). The incumbent is responsible for all day-today- operation in that particular duty station. The incumbent will:
- Plan, organize, conduct and manage investigations of cases of alleged misconduct, malfeasance, mismanagement, waste of resources, abuse of authority, fraud, corruption, sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), and violations of United Nations regulations and rules
- Ensure that investigations are carried out in a timely fashion and coordinated within the work of the Division and with other organizations of the United Nations system, as appropriate, and develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned investigations
- Ensure the preparation of investigation reports, together with findings and recommendations and related disciplinary and jurisdictional actions, as well as evidence and materials to support such actions; assign tasks to investigation team members to assist in carrying out the assignments
- Create and maintain a case activity list of the active and open investigations for priority setting and overall case management by the Deputy Director and the Director
- Prepare cases for submission to the United Nations justice system and/or referral to relevant national jurisdictions; respond to requests for information, assistance and advice from offices and departments outside the Division; supervise intake, processing and evaluation of all new matters for jurisdictional decisions; coordinate the Division’s information management to ensure conformity and relevance to United Nations legal requirements, as applicable; have responsibility for the management and handling of evidentiary material, including locating and liaising with relevant forensic institutions; liaise and coordinate between the Division and the relevant United Nations legal offices — the Administrative Law Section and the Office of Legal Affairs; carry out responsibilities for ensuring the legal sufficiency of the planning and reporting documents of the Division, including matters concerning peer reviews
- Liaise with other Offices’ and Departments’ staff and management, both at Headquarters in New York and at field missions worldwide, in discussing the work of the Office; coordinate the presentation of disciplinary cases to national jurisdictions or administrative disciplinary bodies; provide advice and expertise on investigatory matters
- Oversee administrative tasks as appropriate
- Carry out other tasks as may be assigned by the Deputy Director
- Lead team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: CHIEF OF SECTION, INVESTIGATIONS, P5
- Job Code Title: CHIEF OF SECTION, INVESTIGATIONS
- Department/Office: Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 16 September 2022 – 30 October 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Investigation-OIOS-187780-F-Entebbe (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law or a field related to investigations. A first-level university degree in law or a field related to investigations in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in investigatory work, including managerial experience, is required.
- Experience in interviewing subjects and witnesses in the furtherance of investigations is required.
- Experience in analysis of evidence and preparation of files of evidence is required.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. A working knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations is desirable.
How to Apply UNOIOS Chief of Section Investigations Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=187780
The Closing Date: October 30, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|