UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNOIOS Uganda looking for “Intern – Programme Management I“. Applicants with a degree in University degree may apply on or before Sep. 19, 2022.
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization.
UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2022
The UNOIOS has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 13, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Programme Management I to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (UNOIOS)|
|Position||Intern – Programme Management I|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 19, 2022|
UNOIOS Job Vacancy 2022
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Chief of the Peacekeeping Evaluation Section, the intern provides support to the team leaders of the Evaluation of Women, Peace and Security in Field-Based Entities: Political Transitions and Elections, in data collection, analysis, and other assigned tasks. The intern will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the areas of peacekeeping, peacebuilding and women’s political participation in conflict or post-conflict countries. Depending on the competencies and interests of the intern, the assignments will include:
- Reviewing and summarizing research papers, articles, blogs, and other publications on the topic of climate change and associated security risks and implications, with a focus on regions and countries covered by the evaluation and the key evaluation questions as described in the Inception Paper. This would include compiling a complete list of references.
- Assist in collecting, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data obtained from the evaluation case studies, namely UNOWAS, UNSOM and UNMISS, as well as the second group of missions UNISFA, MONUSCO, UNFICYP, UNAMA and MINUSMA. This includes:
- Obtaining and electronically filing documents and internal data from the peace operations in different formats (i.e., Excel, PowerBI, Management Information Systems, Microsoft Word, PDF)
- Visualizing data using MS Excel and Power BI
- Assist in other ad-hoc activities including reviews and edits of various evaluation products and tasks in the support of the Learning Forum, as instructed
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Department/Office: Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 12 September 2022 – 19 September 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-OIOS-190607-J-Entebbe (A)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- To qualify for an internship through the United Nations New York Headquarters Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- – Be computer literate in standard software applications, preferably including Microsoft Excel;
- – Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of its Charter; and
- – Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- – Successful candidates should be registered for or have completed studies in political science, economics, international affairs, public administration, gender studies, data science or related fields. Skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis using large unstructured volumes of data are desired.
- -This internship is home-based
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this internship, fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in French and/or Arabic is desired.
How to Apply UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=190607
The Closing Date: Sep. 19, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|