UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNOIOS Uganda looking for “Intern – Programme Management I”.
Applicants with a degree in University degree may apply on or before July 30, 2023.
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization.
UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2023
The UNOIOS has published a job vacancy announcement on July 26, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Programme Management I to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (UNOIOS)
|Intern – Programme Management I
|Total Vacant Post
|July 30, 2023
UNOIOS Job Vacancy 2023
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Chief of Peace Keeping Evaluation Section, the intern will provide support to the Team Leader on the Evaluation of the Contribution of Strategic Communications to building public trust in peacekeeping operations, in data collection, analysis, and other assigned tasks. The intern will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the areas of peacekeeping and strategic communications in fragile contexts, as well as to the work of evaluations within the United Nations Secretariat.
Depending on the competencies and interests of the intern, the assignments will include:
- 1. Reviewing and summarizing internal documents, articles, blogs, and other publications on peace, security and strategic communications, with a focus on the key evaluation questions as described in the Inception Paper. This would include compiling a complete list of references.
- 2. Assist in collecting, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data obtained from the data collection phase.
- Obtaining and electronically filing documents and internal data from the peace operations in different formats (i.e., Excel, PowerBI, Management Information Systems, Microsoft Word, PDF)
- Visualizing data using MS Excel and Power BI
- 3. Assist in other ad-hoc activities including reviews and edits of various evaluation products and tasks, as instructed.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Department/Office: Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 30 June 2023 – 30 July 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Programme Management-OIOS-212841-J-Entebbe (A)
- Staffing Exercise N/A
- To qualify for an internship through the United Nations New York Headquarters Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- – Be computer literate in standard software applications, preferably including Microsoft Excel;
- – Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of its Charter; and
- – Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- – Successful candidates should be registered for or have completed studies in political science, economics, international affairs, public administration, gender studies, data science or related fields. Skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis using large unstructured volumes of data are desired.
- -This internship is home-based
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this internship, fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in French is desirable.
How to Apply UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=212841
The Closing Date: July 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- WVI Project Officer – Education Jobs 2023
- WVI Sponsorship Operations Officer Jobs 2023
- WVI Assistant Accountant Jobs 2023
- WVI Project Officer Resilience and Livelihood Jobs 2023
- NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- WVI Field Security Officer Jobs 2023
- Water Mission Evangelism and Discipleship Officer Jobs 2023
- IOM Migration Health Nurse Jobs 2023