Mercy Corps MEL Officer Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Uganda looking for “MEL Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors’ degree may apply on or before Nov. 27, 2022.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps MEL Officer Jobs 2022
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on Nov. 25, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of MEL Officer to be based in Gulu, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||Nov. 27, 2022|
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2022
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work closely with the project team and partners, to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting of program activities and results.
- Coordinate reporting with local partners, specifically tracking deadlines, ensuring adherence to formats and requirements, ensuring reporting quality and accuracy, and periodic report writing, editing, and submission.
- Compile progress against indicators and report back to the team according to the monitoring plan.
- Support the roll-out of Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanisms (CARM) for the project staff as well as local partners on the same.
- Perform spot checks on data collected across project activities including partners and report each month.
- Actively engage to ensure project participants are well captured in the ONA system.
- Support the MEL Lead in coordinating the baseline, mid-term evaluation and final evaluation, along with other key research activities.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members including partner organizations to implement Project monitoring tools, accurately enter project data into relevant databases, and enable them to develop excellent reports, visualization, and other documents.
- Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
- Ensure adherence to program management minimum standards and advising and supporting other staff in the same as required.
- Disseminate research learnings and recommendations to team members, beneficiaries and other relevant audiences.
- Actively support in conducting After -Action -Reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Requisition Number: INTER003057
- Posted: November 21, 2022
- Gulu, UGA
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Quantitative economics, Economics, social sciences, or related field.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of Humanitarian or development programs or in the fields of research.
- Good understanding and skills of data management.
- Experience with theoretical and practical background in MEL, knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques used – required.
- Successful experience in the use of mobile data collection tools like Open Data Kit (ODK) and ability to use data visualization software (e.g. PowerBI) – preferred;
- Experience authoring xls forms for mobile data collection (This will be tested);
- Experience managing different aspects of assessments as a lead, right from tools design, data collection, processing, analysis and report writing (Writing samples will be requested);
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office applications and G-suite;
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software (Stata, R, SPSS) in handling large data sets (Stata will be preferred);
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of local language (Luo) is preferable.
How to Apply Mercy Corps MEL Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Nov. 27, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|