UNDP Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNDP Uganda looking for “Digital Agriculture Specialist“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 15th February 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st February 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Digital Agriculture Specialist to be based in Gulu, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Digital Agriculture Specialist (NPSA10)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 07 years|
|Application Deadline||15th February 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Provision of technical Assistance to Implementing Partners:
- Implementation of specific technical assistance related to digital agriculture interventions and possible delivery of specific funding (grants, loans and guarantees) by UNCDF
- Development of concept notes on proposed investment opportunities
- Conduct assessment of digital agriculture transformation potential, E-agriculture strategies and digital inclusive finance strategies
- Develop Digitization strategies of sub-sectors
- Establishing building blocks for digital agriculture transformation (farmers’ registries and digital literacy, rural connectivity and policy and regulatory framework
- Supporting in preparation of presentations providing project updates to partners
- Build and manage relationships with implementing aggrotech’s in prioritized districts in the region in order to identify and catalyze strategic opportunities to develop and support initiatives that align with the program’s core objectives
- Facilitate linkages between farmer groups/organizations, MSEs, and entrepreneurs and prequalified FSPs. The aim is to go beyond service provision that is partially or fully covered under the MCF and WFP intervention so that an increasing number of the AMS participants are not only aware of available services, including requirements and fees (e.g., individual or group account opening, savings, loans, and digital transactions), but also have begun utilizing services and or become regular clients by the end of their AMS participation
- Undertake a study on the digital ecosystem in the selected AMS districts to inform the gaps and constraints that need to be prioritized in this intervention. The study will look at availability and quality of GSM connectivity (2G, 3G, and 4G), device ownership or access, mobile network operator agent network, digital literacy, and other feedback with regard to the use of digital services.
- Support UNCDF conduct various studies to assess the situation on a particular subject/s in the AMS operational districts and sub-regions. The conclusions and recommendations of the studies will serve as benchmarks and inform the AMS capacity strengthening focus
- Support UNCDF conduct a gender analysis on agricultural labor across the three AMS operational sub-regions: Karamojong, North, and Southwest. This study will identify existing and emerging demand and supply of labor in food transformation and marketing and agriculture-related services (e.g., finance).
- Master’s Degree with 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant experience in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing project management advisory services;
- Hands-on experience in monitoring and implementation of development projects;
- Experience in value chain digitization, food systems and small holder farmers;
- Experience working with Agritech digital solutions;
- Experience in deploying Digital Financial services (Mobile Money) in rural communities.
- Time Management: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable; along with knowledge of UNCDF/UNDP and the UN system and / or the donor community;
- Knowledgeable about the Uganda context is highly desirable;
- Development and operational efficiency;
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both fluency in oral and written English.
- Job Identification: 2234
- Contract Duration: 01 Year
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcm………
The Closing Date: 15th February 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|