IDI Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IDI Uganda looking for “Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 16, 2023.
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
IDI Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert Jobs 2023
The IDI has published a job vacancy announcement on June 03, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)|
|Position||Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||June 16, 2023|
IDI Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide technical and professional input for overarching and country-specific information management including identification and promotion of creative solutions for knowledge management under the PROVE program.
- Collaborate with the PROVE scientific team to analyze program data for key messages, including preparation of project related communications
- Collaborate with the biostatistician to vet program data, and develop hypotheses to inform secondary data analysis
- Support the PROVE leadership in development and management of the SLL knowledge management strategy This will include Identification of new areas and analyze existing knowledge management structures in SLL and PROVE activities
- Collaborate with the PROVE program investigators to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research data. The role shall also advise and assists in the development of conclusions, as appropriate.
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications.
- Develop and deliver presentations to PROVE stakeholders and policymakers
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- No of Positions: 1
- Job Code: EPX005
- Station: Kampala
- Classification: Full-time
- Reports to: Senior Program Manager
- Posted Date: 2023-06-02
- Closing Date: 2023-06-16 23:59:00
- A primary degree in a medical related field and master’s degree or advanced training in Epidemiology, Public health or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience gained working in National health programming. Working in the local COVID-19 response is of an added advantage
- A good command of biostatistics and capacity to use various quantitative analytical tools/software
Required skills and abilities
- Strong academic and technical writing skills with experience in manuscript preparation and/or review
- Knowledge of the COVID-19 pandemic epidemiology in Africa and COVID-19 vaccination dynamics
- A good command of the structure, roles and responsibilities of national public health Institutes
- Ability to consult with scientific investigators, interpret research requirements, and determine statistical analysis strategies.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment to design, analyze, and report on research projects.
- Strong analytical communication, critical thinking, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of the program management principles
- Strong focus and quality and timely delivery of work.
How to Apply IDI Epidemiologist and Knowledge Management Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms/jobs/selected/295
The Closing Date: June 16, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|