IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IOM Uganda looking for “Movement Operations Manager”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 27, 2023.
The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on September 15, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Movement Operations Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Position||Movement Operations Manager|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||September 27, 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee up to seven teams of staff members who are undertaking movement operations activities in Uganda, including activities related to field support, movements, data processing and compliance. Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties, and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of activities. In locations throughout the region where there is no Movement Operations Officer or Manager, serve as technical supervisor for movement operations staff members.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of airport assistance for arriving and departing individuals in Uganda, including in relation to documentation, luggage, escorts, and special assistance. Ensure staff deliver the highest quality service, interact appropriately with airport and government officials, and handle urgent issues as they occur. Monitor the work schedule, validate hours, and process relevant financial paperwork in coordination with the IOM finance department.
- Oversee staff as they assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities. Monitor the weekly shift schedule, ensuring coverage is adequate to maintain a professional, safe, secure, and clean environment; address issues as they arise and continually seek ways in which IOM can improve assistance. For third party facilities, regularly conduct checks to ensure accommodation is up to IOM standards. Manage assets and inventories, process financial paperwork, supervise quality control of vendors, and manage the transit center vehicles and related schedules, staff, and paperwork, if relevant.
- Ensure selection mission support, exit permit support, interpretation services and pre-departure counselling are coordinated for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water, according to the highest ethical standards and guidelines established by IOM. Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities and address special needs, such as meals, medication, wheelchairs, and medical conditions. Handle financial paperwork related to selection mission, exit permit or interpretation services as needed.
- Oversee the completion of all bookings by Movements staff members in Uganda in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT). Ensure compliance with program-specific
- SOPs and supervise the distribution of travel information to stakeholders. Oversee the creation of movement data files and oversee Movements staff members as they compile and analyze descriptive statistics. Certify and handle the processing of vendor-incurred costs.
- Ensure Data Processing staff members are undertaking secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines and that they are dispatching travel documents and coordinating exit permits and travel documents in a timely manner. Oversee the preparation of regular data mining reports on MiMOSA; advise management on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance activities related to project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and protection are being carried out efficiently and effectively by the Operations Specialist, Compliance and that they are reporting regularly on the work being accomplished, particularly in relation to training of Movement Operations staff members and youth service activities at IOM transit centers.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Movement Operations Manager
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
- Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 27 September 2023
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior Movement Operations experience, especially in IOM, is highly preferred. Transportation-related and/or management experience is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM’s Movement Operations program implementation and administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with IGator, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus.
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2023
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 27 September 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP Business Support Assistant Jobs 2023
- Right To Play Logistics Assistant Jobs 2023
- CIP Junior Research Assistant – Data Management Jobs 2023
- Alight Reception Center Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Pharmacy Technician Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Legal Officer Jobs 2023