UNODC National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNODC Uganda looking for “National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 29, 2023.
The UNODC is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The UNODC creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
UNODC National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment Jobs 2023
The UNODC has published a job vacancy announcement on September 21, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)|
|Position||National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment on violent extremism in high-risk communities|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||September 29, 2023|
UNODC Job Vacancy 2023
Specific tasks to be performed by the consultant:
The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Head of the Office, UNODC Uganda, direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer, in performing the following substantive duties and responsibilities:
- a) Develop a detailed inception report and work plan for the consultancy.
- b) Conduct an inception meeting to discuss key issues to be considered by the assessment and to confirm and finalize the methodology and work plan.
- c) Conduct a desk review of available information relating to PCVE, including review of key documents, analysis of statistics and relevant literature.
- d) Conduct interviews with key stakeholders from National Technical Committee on PCVET, the National Counter Terrorism Center (NCTC), Uganda Police Force (UPF), Judiciary, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP), Legal Aid institutions, Uganda Prisons Service (UPS) and Ministry of Information, Communications Technology and National Guidance, Development Partners and Donors (including UNODC and UN agencies), and other relevant stakeholders at national and sub-national level.
- e) Present the reports at stakeholder consultative and progress review meetings, including a validation meeting.
- f) Final report incorporating comments made at the different consultative stakeholder and validation meetings submitted.
- g) Tailored training materials on PCVE in high-risk communities developed, and dialogues and community training sessions held.
- h) Dialogue platform with CSOs focused on policy discussions relating to the PCVET Strategy established. .
- i) Support CSOs to design and implement evidence-based practices/programmes to prevent violent extremism in high-risk communities.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment on violent extremism in high-risk communities,
- Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Duty Station: KAMPALA
- Posting Period: 20 September 2023 – 29 September 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime-218464 Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in criminology, law, social sciences, business administration, or related discipline is required. A first level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least two (2) years of relevant National/international experience in criminology, law, social sciences, business administration, or related discipline; a combination of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree is required.
- Experience in peace and security in Uganda and the region is required.
- Strong research and coordination skills, analytical capacities and ability to synthesize complex inputs into coherent support is required.
- Ability to develop practical and user-friendly tools/policy in the field of prison and penal reform is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic and policy directions of prison trends globally and experience in developing national correctional policies, programmes and reform processes in the corrections sector is desirable.
- Understanding of international standards and norms in crime prevention and criminal justice, in particular, the Nelson Mandela Rules, preferably complemented by exposure to delivering technical assistance on prison management–related issues at the international level, including in low- and middle-income countries is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNODC National Consultant to Conduct a rapid threat assessment Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=218464
The Closing Date: September 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNODC International Consultant Jobs 2023
- Alight Consultant Jobs 2023
- Alight Clinical Psychologist Jobs 2023
- Alight Psychosocial Counselor Jobs 2023
- Windle International Director of Operations Jobs 2023
- IGCP Plant Operator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Account Manager Enterprise Jobs 2023
- IGCP Billing and Receivables Management Accountant Jobs 2023