Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is a not-for-profit international development organization charity with a vision for “a fair world for everyone” and a mission to “create lasting change through volunteering”. VSO delivers development impact through a blended volunteer model consisting of international, national, and community volunteers working together to develop the systems and conditions for positive social change In 2018-19, VSO worked in 23 countries in Africa and Asia.
VSO Finance and Operations Officer Jobs 2021
The VSO has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th September 2021 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Operations Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)|
|Position||Finance and Operations Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 03 years|
|Application Deadline||13th October 2021|
VSO Job Vacancy 2021
Role overview: Manage in country finance statutory requirements including statutory reporting, manage finance operations and related controls and to ensure organization tools and control framework are adhered to.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Strong Accounting, Finance background, with proven experience in Grants management, including Partner management.
- At least 3 years demonstrable skills and experience of operations (Procurement, logistics, IT and administration) an INGO environment is required
- Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, USAID) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- Professional Qualification/Certification such CPA, CIPS or equivalent.
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of good procurement procedures and working with multiple foreign currencies
- Other basic accounting principles, thorough knowledge of internal controls, budgeting, financial reporting and variance analysis
Experience and other skills:
- Good technical accounting skills – At least 4 years of experience in finance operations in the international development context.
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the SUN systems Accounting software is preferred.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Good written and verbal communication skills – able to listen, present, discuss report, and put views.
- Planning and Organization – Able to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated to set initiatives and self-learn.
- Salary: VSO Band 2
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Full Time: 37 hours per week
- Selection Process: Interview
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply VSO Finance and Operations Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers……….
The Closing Date: 13th October 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|