WHO Emergency Technical Officer – Epidemiologist Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WHO Uganda looking for “Emergency Technical Officer – Epidemiologist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 01 August 2022.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Emergency Technical Officer – Epidemiologist Jobs 2022
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 July 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Technical Officer – Epidemiologist to be based in Multiple locations, Uganda.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Position||Emergency Technical Officer/Epidemiologist – Non-staff (SSA)|
|Location||Multiple locations, Uganda|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||01 August 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
Description of tasks: Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Incident Manager, and under the overall guidance of Incident Manager and Head of the WHO country office, and in close collaboration with the technical leads in the respective WCO Uganda, the incumbent will:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development of tailored monitoring/surveillance systems for detection, verification and response to public health incidents; ensuring efficiency of data collection, correlation, analysis, interpretation and timely reporting at health facility at the district levels.
- Collate and verify data on reported outbreaks or rumors received from multiple sources, conduct retrospective analysis of reported incidents: determine trends, distribution patterns, and efficiency of the verification mechanism.
- Work with local surveillance teams to improved data quality and use of data for monitoring of trends, ALERT and ACTION thresholds (triggers), as well as methodologies for performing Data Quality Audit (DQA) at district and health facility level.
- Provide technical assistance for the establishment and functionality of Rapid Response Teams (RRTs) and designing a response system for potential hazards such as infectious diseases, zoonotic events, food safety events and chemical events at the district level as per the national guidance and standards.
- Contribute in building the core surveillance, alert and response district capacities in accordance with the requirement for IHR 2005; provide trainings for subnational incident management team and health facility level staff, support the team in the supervision and on-the-job training at health facility level.
- Support the development of early warning systems (including event based and indicator-based surveillance) for epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases for early detection and response to public health incidents; conduct field investigation. Provide technical support for vulnerability assessment, risk mapping and development of preparedness/contingency plan at district level.
- Maintain a local incident management system database of all reported outbreaks and public health incidents, at the district level, and document all steps taken in the verification and response process.
- Facilitate the district surveillance monthly review meetings including the tracking of the surveillance performance indicators. In cooperation with the team, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the planned surveillance activities, as well as alert and response capacities for incidents detection, verification and response in compliance with IHR 2005.
- Prepare and disseminate disease outbreak news, technical documents, updates and assessments to key decision-makers in the organizational hierarchy and to the national health authorities, as required using standard tools and templates
- Perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- First university degree in epidemiology, statistics, database management or public health from an accredited/recognized institute.
- At least five years related experience, at the national and international levels, in implementation of public health surveillance, outbreak investigation and response. Previous experience in implementation of Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) is a requirement.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Emergency Technical Officer – Epidemiologist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|