World Bank E T Consultant – Urban Specialist Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. World Bank Uganda looking for “E T Consultant – Urban Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 06 July 2022.
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
World Bank E T Consultant – Urban Specialist Jobs 2022
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 June 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of E T Consultant – Urban Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Position||E T Consultant – Urban Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||06 July 2022|
World Bank Job Vacancy 2022
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be a part of the Bank’s URL team based in Uganda CMU. This would involve day-to-day working with the task teams and internal stakeholders (including CMU), local and national government authorities, and development partners at the policy and operational level;
- Participate in task teams to prepare and supervise lending operations, prepare analytical and advisory activities, and develop new business opportunities in URL sectors;
- Contribute to the urban development and land policy dialogues in these countries and provide just-in-time advisory work in business development and policy reform, and ensuring comprehensive integration of the urban, resilience, land, and territorial development agendas, as appropriate;
- Contribute to executing necessary analytics to prepare new operations in direct response to the country’s natural hazards, including flood and soil erosion hazard mapping and risk assessment, the quality control and supervision of external consultants and technical specialists work as well as developing targeted Terms of Reference;
- Contribute to cross-sectoral engagements such as Sustainable Development Practice Group works, Systematic Country Diagnostic and Country Partnership Framework and other CMU-led activities;
- Help to adapt global good practice to local context and advise government counterpart and Bank teams on matters related to green, resilient and inclusive urban development;
- Supervise the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure consistency and conformity to Bank standards; evaluate studies and sector-related project documentation.
- Provide guidance to government counterparts and implementing agencies by, identifying potential problems and advising on required actions as well as overall project/program implementation;
- Manage Trust Fund (TF) activities including preparation and review of grant proposals, consultation on technical issues, preparation of progress reports, project briefings, disbursements and quality control of deliverables;
- Participate in professional development and knowledge sharing activities in the URL Global Practice, the GSGs, and contribute specific knowledge both within the assigned countries and in the World Bank;
- Provide coaching mentoring on-the-job to junior team members, extended term consultants and junior professionals in the unit; and
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Practice Manager.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in a field relevant to urban development, such urban or regional planning, economics, geography, municipal finance, infrastructure engineering, public policy, political science, geospatial technologies, , or a related field;
- At least five years of relevant experience on urban infrastructure, urban development sector or related field;
- Experience working on metropolitan project development and implementation is an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership skills leading complex operations, sector policy and engagement strategies, and analytical works;
- Demonstrated experience of bringing global knowledge, best practice international experience and fit for purpose innovation into operations and sector engagements;
- Strong motivation to work in the urban, DRM, and land fields and ability to work flexibly and independently on a range of assignments, adjusting to and prioritizing a variety of complex evolving tasks;
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with internal stakeholders (CMUs, PGs), external clients, and development partners;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams and function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly, and in a well-structured manner complex message on a variety of topics to a wide range of audiences, including to the Board;
- Strong teamwork spirit including an open and collegial work style and a high level of energy;
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality outputs while working under pressure, in a multi-sector environment, and within tight deadlines.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank E T Consultant – Urban Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|