IRC Health Assistant Jobs 2021 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Health Assistant“. Applicants with a Certificate in Environmental Health Science may apply on or before 31st May 2021.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Health Assistant Jobs 2021
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th May 2021 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Health Assistant to be based in Lamwo, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Certificate in Environmental Health Science|
|Experience Required||Minimum three years|
|Application Deadline||31st May 2021|
IRC Job Vacancy 2021
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support client follow-up for defaulting of childhood immunizations.
- Supervision and mentorships of VHTs within the catchment area
- Keep key informants engaged and motivated.
- Support district to effectively conduct Community awareness creation on and vigilance for AFP and health promotion activities both at health facility level and community.
- Coordinate and conduct VHT weekly or monthly meetings and other activities with district health team, and other stakeholders to avoid duplication of services.
- Collect and compile monthly reports from supported HFs and any activity reports or updates.
- Collaborate with other LG Health staff in conducting active case search for AFP at the health facilities and in the community.
- Participate in and or support the process of AFP case detection, investigation, and reporting. Maintain regular contact with the district health team on all matters pertaining to the project.
- Provide regular feedback to the Health Project Officer on project implementation.
- Represent IRC at relevant related health partnership and coordination meetings.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development of project work plans and reviewing them monthly with the DHT and Health Project Officer.
- Implement Community Based Environmental Health Activities.
- Enforce Environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
- Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least three years’ experience working with community structures and district health systems.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team and training in VPD surveillance or IDSR is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy especially in MS office packages is a MUST.
- Proficiency in off-road riding with a valid class A license
- Plans allocation of staff, funds, and facilities to deliver on expected outputs.
- Able to define and attain targets within set timeframes.
- Able to appreciate and support change initiatives.
- Enforcement of procedures that promote quality and standard health service delivery.
- Communicates effectively by giving clear, concise, and accurate Information.
- Results oriented with ability to assist the unit achieve its overall objectives.
- Requisition ID: req15801
- Job Title: Health Assistant
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Health Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite…….
The Closing Date: 31st May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|