WHO Technical Officer/Nutrition Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WHO Uganda looking for “Technical Officer/Nutrition“. Applicants with a degree in advanced university degree may apply on or before July 27, 2022.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Technical Officer/Nutrition Jobs 2022
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on July 20, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Technical Officer/Nutrition to be based in Soroti and Gulu, Uganda.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Location||Soroti and Gulu, Uganda|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||July 27, 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
Description of tasks:
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Deputy Incident Manager, and under the overall guidance of Incident Manager and Head of the WHO country office, and in close collaboration with the technical leads in the respective Regional Office and HQ, , the incumbent will:
- Advise on the planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of nutrition programs and activities, in compliance with WHO’s overall strategy, and guidelines;
- Support strengthening nutrition surveillance, identify the constraints and gaps and provide technical solutions to improve the system;
- Develop response strategies and action plans based on the nutrition situation in the affected areas, in collaboration with partners;
- Provide technical support to monitor the implementation of specific activities related to nutrition to improve data collection and reporting at all levels;
- Strengthen the coordination of the prevention and control of malnutrition, including enhanced support to government systems, and referral systems;
- Support the development of a strategic plan to strengthen the capacity building of health professionals involved in the management of malnutrition, where appropriate;
- Ensure the nutrition program pursues equitable access to emergency assistance particularly for affected and vulnerable populations, with a view to integrating gender equality and equity across all aspects of the incident nutrition program, including supplementation and food fortification with essential micronutrients, IYCF, treatment cases of severe acute malnutrition, and other community nutrition programs;
- Represent WHO in the interagency Nutrition Cluster and contribute to the development and implementation of interagency SMART surveys and other nutrition assessment tools;
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor;
- During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Program.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: No grade
- Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
- Job Posting: Jul 19, 2022, 7:38:27 PM
- Closing Date: Jul 27, 2022, 3:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Uganda
- Organization: AF_UGA Uganda
- Schedule: Full-time
- An advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: public health & nutrition, international health & nutrition, nutritional epidemiology, nutrition policy or development studies, health & nutrition education, nutrition promotion and disease prevention, or other closely related field, from an accredited and recognized academic institution, is required;
- Post graduate studies and/or specialized training in emergency management, international aid or humanitarian principles, is desirable.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional work experience, at the national and international level, in development and management of nutrition programs;
- Relevant work experience in outbreaks and/or health emergency operations in the area of nutrition;
- Relevant experience in developing and promoting collaborative actions with national authorities, is required;
- Past work experience and skills in providing in-country technical support and building capacity in national health and nutrition programing, preferably in developing countries;
- Prior relevant work experience in WHO/UN system, health cluster partners, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations, is desirable;
- Knowledge of office software applications.
How to Apply WHO Technical Officer/Nutrition Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2206756
The Closing Date: July 27, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|