UNAIDS Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNAIDS South Africa looking for “Communications Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 26th December 2022.
The mission of UNAIDS is to lead, strengthen and support an expanded response to HIV and AIDS that includes preventing transmission of HIV, providing care and support to those already living with the virus, reducing the vulnerability of individuals and communities to HIV and alleviating the impact of the epidemic. UNAIDS seeks to prevent the HIV/AIDS epidemic from becoming a severe pandemic.
UNAIDS Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The UNAIDS has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st December 2022 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|Recruiter||Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)|
|Position||Communications Officer, Media|
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||26th December 2022|
Main tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Media Lead, the post holder will carry out the following:
- Write press releases, statements, fact sheets, Q&As, newsletters, op-eds, talking points, and key messages, working at a fast pace with colleagues across the organization and external partners.
- Find and write stories of UNAIDS’ impact. Be responsible for finding the great story that will engage and move people.
- Proactively pitch stories to media. Create and maintain media lists, establish contacts with journalists, line up interviews for senior UNAIDS staff, and propose story ideas. Build relationships with media organizations and channels. Identify new and build up existing channels of communications.
- Monitor breaking news, sensitive issues and relevant stories.
- Organize press conferences and briefings.
- Disseminate press releases and other media materials.
- Provide communications support to country offices including editing stories, opinion pieces and press materials, advising on placement and pitching, and providing media training for UNAIDS spokespeople.
- Within the delegated authority, commission and manage consultants, interns, and other staff.
- Replace other Communications colleagues during absences and share workload during periods of high demands.
- All other related duties as required.
- Essential: Advanced university degree in media, communications, marketing, or related social sciences. For internal candidates, a first university degree and seven (7) years of relevant work experience will be considered as equivalent.
- Essential: Five (5) years of professional experience in in communications, media relations, public relations or development. Demonstrated excellent writing abilities. Experience working on issues related to AIDS.
- Desirable: Experience in working in multilocational teams.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of another UN official language an asset.
- Vacancy No: UNAIDS/22/FT114
- Grade: P3
- Contract Type: Fixed-term Appointment
- Duration of contract: 2 years
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNAIDS Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://erecruit.unaids.org/public/hrd-cl-vac-view………
The Closing Date: 26th December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|