UNFPA South Africa looking for “Programme Specialist”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 18th January 2024.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA Programme Specialist Jobs 2024
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
|Johannesburg, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced university degree
|Minimum 05 years
|18th January 2024
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2024
Job Purpose: The Programme Specialist will focus on accelerating the ‘unfinished business’ as identified in the Theory of Change of the programme, in particular focusing on integration of Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) in economic empowerment initiatives, sustaining and scaling up SYP tech-based solutions already developed, and collaborating with relevant UNFPA colleagues at regional level and national level in integrating mental health, menstrual health, self-care, climate change, and other pertinent related emerging issues within adolescent sexual and reproductive health initiatives.
- Advanced University degree in social sciences or related fields with specialized knowledge in the field of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in development and/or humanitarian work on youth issues with experience in youth development. Prior experience in developing countries is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of SRHR and/or ASRHR is required
- Experience in delivering technical assistance to countries is required.
- Proven ability to work well in teams is an asset.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely is required.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds is an asset.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably Portuguese and/or French, is desirable.
- Job Identification: 15209
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Programme Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 18th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy