WFP Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – South Africa NGO Jobs. WFP South Africa looking for “Communications Officer“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 20th May 2022.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th May 2022 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Communications Officer, P4 (Limited Fixed Term-1 year)|
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 08 years|
|Application Deadline||20th May 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: Based in the Communications, Advocacy and Marketing and Reports (CAM) Unit and working closely with the Regional Director’s Office (RDO), the position will lead the design and implementation of core advocacy and communications strategy and activities carried out by WFP in the Southern African region to enable ‘Saving Lives and Changing Lives’ mandate and delivering the SDG 2. Reporting to the Head of CAM but working under the guidance of the Regional Director, the postholder will drive effective positioning WFP priorities with national governments, regional power blocs, International Financial Institutions, African Union Member States, centres of excellence, parliamentarians, academic institutions, civil society groups and movements as well as intergovernmental organizations. In addition, the postholder will build the advocacy capacity of the regional colleagues and other relevant teams to implement effective advocacy initiatives.
- Advanced University degree in Journalism, International Relations, International Development, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- 8 years or more of high-level experience in advocacy – both in humanitarian and development sector. At least 5 years of experience in leadership positions, leading advocacy strategies and managing teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working with national governments, regional power blocs, International Financial Institutions, African Union Member States, centres of excellence, parliamentarians, academic institutions, civil society groups and movements as well as intergovernmental organizations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent understanding of humanitarian and development sectors and the SDGs with special focus on SDG2 and its deliverables.
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly to a heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Demonstrated professional research and writing experience, including through publications.
- Ability to network and function well in a multi-cultural context and working with diverse teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of English.
- Second official UN language is desirable (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese).
- Requisition ID: 162465
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career……….
The Closing Date: 20th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click to View|
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|