FSC Certification Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. FSC South Africa looking for “Certification Officer“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 29th March 2023.
The Forest Stewardship Council GmbH is an international non-profit, multistakeholder organization established in 1993 that promotes responsible management of the world’s forests via timber certification. This organization uses a market-based approach to transnational environmental policy.
FSC Certification Officer Jobs 2023
The FSC has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th March 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Certification Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
|Certification Officer, Southern Africa (m-f-d)
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 04 years
|29th March 2023
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day technical guidance and expertise for forest managers and businesses to obtain FSC forest management and Chain of Custody (CoC) certification.
- Support companies and governments to implement their certification roadmaps.
- As guided by the FSC Coordinator, Southern Africa, participate in relevant private, government sector and industry association meetings, workshops and events.
- In liaison with the PSU Manager, Africa and as guided by the FSC Coordinator Southern Africa, provide technical support to the relevant Standard Development Groups (SDGs) during revision process of the National Standards, and Interim National Standards for new countries.
- Organise in-country and/or external exchange field visits to facilitate learning by staff of companies and governments involved in implementing certification pilot activities, as well as other stakeholders in the process to uptake FSC certification.
- With support from the FSC Coordinator Southern Africa, conduct online and physical certification trainings.
- Strengthen existing relationships and develop new links with potential partners and members to promote FSC certification in Southern Africa.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in forestry, natural resources and environmental.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the forestry or related sector with excellent knowledge and wide understanding of forest certification, and COC certification, preferably in the FSC certification system.
- Experience working with and engaging governments, forest companies, forest product companies, environmental non-governmental organizations and smallholders and communities in forestry, and strong ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Strong interest in promoting responsible forest management and sustainability within the forestry, environment disciplines and related sectors.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Good time management and ability to perform well while handling simultaneous tasks.
- Networking, influencing, planning and facilitation.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of any Southern African language/Portuguese essential but not a must.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FSC Certification Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://fsc.org/en/work-with-us/certification………
The Closing Date: 29th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- FSC Certification Officer Jobs 2023
- FLOCERT Senior Credibility Assurance Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- United Nations Secretariat Digital Communications and Social Media Consultant Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Senior Clinical Research Associate Jobs 2023
- IUCN Finance Assistant Jobs 2023
- United Nations Secretariat Senior Development Coordination Officer Jobs 2023