IOM National Migration Health Policy Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IOM South Africa looking for “National Migration Health Policy Officer“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 06th April 2023.
The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
IOM National Migration Health Policy Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd March 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of National Migration Health Policy Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|International Organization for Migration (IOM)
|National Migration Health Policy Officer
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 02 years
|06th April 2023
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide technical support to the programme target countries and implementing partners in the identification of policy gaps and effective implementation of policy actions as they relate to mainstreaming of migration, gender equity and SRHR-HIV rights of migrants, young people and other key populatios in migration-impacted communities.
- Lead on the adaptation, revision and implementation of KNB programme communication and advocacy for better alignment with legal and policy frameworks and increased awareness on migrants’ HIV-SRH rights, , including documentation of project lessons, success stories and advocacy outcomes.
- Participate in the planning, reviewing and implementation of the KNB programme annual operational plans, including participation in resource mobilisation activities.
- Support the M&E unit in tracking the implementation progress and reporting on advocacy results for the IOM’s programme of work on SRHR and HIV for the Eastern and Southern African region at the country level.
- Liaise closely with IOM country coordinators and partners working on the same project in the implementation of the advocacy and communication strategy, including documentation of project lessons, success stories and advocacy outcomes.
- Working closely with the Implementing partners, review the community dialogue guidelines and advocacy materials, including providing support to country teams in the design of muti-media campaigns on SRHR and HIV.
- Support IOM’s engagement with key regional stakeholders in promoting the health of migrants, including through the development of joint-statements, proposals planning exercises and interventions, including UN partners and mechanisms such as the regional joint team for HIV, UN Network on Migration and others,
- Participate in meetings at the regional, national, and sub-national levels and partners and other relevant technical consultations, including cross-border coordination forums, to advocate for HIV-SRH rights of migrants, young people and other key populations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, migration health, social sciences or related field with two years of professional experience OR
- University Degree in the aforementioned field of study with four years of professional experience.
- Experience leading and managing regional and country health/social/advocacy programs on SRHR and HIV, preferably in Government institutions, with a UN agency, or NGO in the region.
- Knowledge of international human rights system, social justice organizations and international development sector, including the United Nations and its specialized agencies, and international agreements relevant to sexual and reproductive health and rights, HIV and migration.
- Experience in engaging and facilitating multi-stakeholders’ workshops and policy dialogues
- Demonstrated experience engaging in multi-sectoral collaborations and coalition work;
- Excellent communication (written/oral/presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with other staff and stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Position Grade: NOB (UN Salary scale for National Officers in the Republic of South Africa)
- Type of Appointment: Fixed Term, One year with possibility of extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM National Migration Health Policy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career2.successfactors.eu/career?career………
The Closing Date: 06th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- British Council Customer Support Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Risk Monitoring Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Intensive Economic Strengthening Program Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 OVCY Area Manager Jobs 2023
- United Nations Secretariat Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023