UNU Research Fellow Jobs 2022 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNU South Africa looking for “Research Fellow“. Applicants with a PhD may apply on or before 30th June 2022.
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars engaged in policy-oriented research, capacity development and dissemination of knowledge, furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. UNU’s mission is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
UNU Research Fellow Jobs 2022
The UNU has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th May 2022 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Fellow to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Recruiter||United Nations University (UNU)|
|Position||Research Fellow (P-2)|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||02 Positions|
|Experience Required||Minimum 02 years|
|Application Deadline||30th June 2022|
UNU Job Vacancy 2022
Responsibilities: Based at the premises of the National Treasury of South Africa in Pretoria, South Africa, the Research Fellow (2 positions) supports the research and management of UNU-WIDER’s SA-TIED programme implemented in partnership with the National Treasury. The Research Fellow will work with 1 or more of the SA-TIED programme’s work streams: (1) Enterprise development for job creation; (2) Public revenue mobilization; (3) Structural transformation and inequality; (4) Macro-fiscal analysis and policy modelling; (5) Food, energy, and water in a context of climate change; and (6) Reform implementation. One of the Research Fellows will also provide support to a cross-cutting Data Stream.
- PhD (completed or close to completion) in economics, statistics, econometrics, development studies, political science or a related discipline with strong quantitative skills.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible relevant work experience.
- An emerging body of research on issues of economic development, with particular attention to one or more of the following areas: enterprise development; public revenue mobilization; structural transformation; inequality; macro-fiscal analysis; food, energy, and water; climate change; and the political economy of reform.
- Excellent quantitative skills. Knowledge of STATA is required and familiarity with other software, such as R, Oxmetrics, SQL, would be an asset
- Familiarity with systematic approaches to searching and evaluating scientific literature
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong familiarity with the South African context
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with government entities
- Experience in policy research and writing policy briefs
- Experience working with spatial data in, for example, R, ArcGIS/QGIS or Python
- Working experience (both programmatic and operational) in planning, monitoring, and implementation of complex, multi-stakeholder programmes, desirably in the nexus of research and policy
- Some experience in building and maintaining relationships with development partners and/or civil society organizations
- Experience with the United Nations system, similar international organization, or large public institutions
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNU Research Fellow Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unu.edu/o/research-fellow-p2-2-positions
The Closing Date: 30th June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|