UNV Finance for Development Officer Jobs 2021 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNV South Africa looking for “Finance for Development Officer“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 17th September 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers programme is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
UNV Finance for Development Officer Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 03rd September 2021 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance for Development Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Position||Finance for Development Officer|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 03 years|
|Application Deadline||17th September 2021|
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the SDG Finance and South-South Cooperation Regional Advisor the UNV Finance for Development Officer will:
Technical Assistance and programme support to African Countries (35%)
- Provide country support for the development of INFF, in line with the UN DESA methodology for INFFs, with a particular focus on the Development Finance Assessments (DFA) and SDG financing strategies as requested by UNDP COs.
- Assist COs in the national revenue mobilization agenda of the countries, including through the tax reform processes, by linking the work under the Tax Inspectors Without Borders Global Programme to the regional domestic resource mobilisation for a renewed social contract project.
- Support development of country engagement plans in African countries reflecting the main workstreams of the AFSH DRM project as required.
- Any other related duty as may be required;
Policy Analysis and Support to global and regional policy dialogue on Financing for Development in Africa (35%)
- Carry out research and analysis on the transformative development cooperation landscape in the region, including through support to undertake the Development Finance Assessments in the African countries, with a particular focus on opportunities opened through the AfTCA, and on issues such as the MIC graduation process, the 4th industrial revolution, the opportunities of the renewable energy and diversification of economy for resource dependent countries.
- Facilitate programme development and country participation in global and regional policy dialogue on financing for development and DRM/Tax and Development.
- Support the development of concept notes for technical workshops/webinars/side-events for regional INFF and DRM related activities.
Knowledge management (30%)
- Coordinate team contributions and support to KM activities, whether at the regional level to help influence/advance policy dialogue of development of integrated financing frameworks, and mainstreaming of South South/Triangular Cooperation into national development programmes and strategies, and;
- Coordinate and perform knowledge extraction, analysis, documentation, codification of results/lessons learned on development of integrated financing frameworks, mainstreaming of South South/Triangular Cooperation into national development programmes and strategies
Required degree level
- Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Advanced degree in the fields of communication, social sciences, social communication, development studies, economics, political science, international relations, public policy, or a related field (Graduate degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience may be counted as equivalent)
- 36 Months
- Knowledge of the sustainable development agenda, including Financing for Development and the Addis Ababa Action Agenda related recommendations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the fields of public financing or impact and SDG oriented investment.
- Experience in drafting analytical documents, planning meetings and producing reports on tight deadlines;
- Some prior experience in the design of knowledge products and facilitation of networks.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Duration: 12 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Finance for Development Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unv.org/vo/zafr000065-10491
The Closing Date: 17th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|