WHO Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. WHO South Africa looking for “Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 01st June 2023.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist Jobs 2023
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th May 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Position||Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 07 years|
|Application Deadline||01st June 2023|
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose of the Position: The Health Emergency Information and Risk Assessment (HIR) is a Programme Area of the Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) Cluster at WHO AFRO. The overall mandate of the HIR unit is to develop public health intelligence and risk assessment for early detection of public health events, strengthen epidemiological surveillance and improve data and information systems, for member states to rapidly mitigate the impact of public health crises. The HIR unit leads the implementation of the “Transforming African Surveillance Systems” (TASS) flagship program which is structured around five key pillars: Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) implementation, data and information management, workforce development, policy dialogue & advocacy and predictable and sustainable financing. The HIR unit is in the process of reviewing, developing, and adapting several electronic tools to improve detection of public health events, data access, data management, data analytics and data use for emergency preparedness and response.
- Essential: Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Biostatistics, Statistics, Data Science, Informatics, Information Science, Computer Science, epidemiology, infectious disease science or equivalent.
- Desirable: Specialized training in Biostatistics, infectious disease epidemiology, modelling and advanced analytics.
At least a minimum of 7 years’ experience in disease surveillance, prevention and control, with at least 3 years practical experience in disease modeling and forecasting. Practical working use of advanced statistical software packages (e.g., R, STATA, SAS) for epidemiological analysis during emergencies will be an asset.
- At least seven years of experience in statistical data analysis, data management, data processing and computing
- Strong experience in advanced data analytics, data systems, machine learning, data mining, simulations, and modeling
- Practical experience in the use of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, R
- Strong experience working with large databases, database systems and data management tools.
- Practical experience in software and database systems (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MS Access or any RDBMS platforms, etc.), programming languages (Java, C Sharp, PHP, Visual Basic, R, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of information management tools and mechanisms
- Ability to design and manage databases in software commonly used in field epidemiology (EpiInfo, EpiData, ODK, Microsoft Access, SPSS, STATA, SAS, R).
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and understand how to best visualize data.
- Experience in Geovisualization and advanced mapping tools
- Knowledge of GIS
Desirable: Working experience on emergencies in Africa. Experience in conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control in humanitarian settings. Experience of working with WHO or other UN agencies would be an asset.
Experience in WHO and/or the UN System in the areas of outbreak preparedness and response; field experience in public health programmes or emergency response programmes in developing countries.
Experience in routine analysis and reporting of time-sensitive public health data. Good understanding of the IDSR strategy and its implementation is an asset.
Field experience in epidemiology, surveillance and/or control of acute public health events experience in resource limited countries; experience of working with event-based surveillance; good understanding in inter-agency collaboration or in WHO, UN, UN Agencies or other international organizations.
In-service training in field epidemiology such as Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programmes (FELTP), the European Program for Intervention Epidemiology Training (EPIET), the CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service programme, or equivalent experience.
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 Years
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection………
The Closing Date: 01st June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Associate Public Information Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Foundation Phase Initiative Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Early Learning and Development Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Consultant Graphic Designer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF HIV/AIDS Officer Jobs 2023
- WHO Public Health and Humanitarian Information Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Wellness Analyst Jobs 2023