CIMMYT Maize Seed Systems Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia NGO Jobs. CIMMYT Zambia looking for “Maize Seed Systems Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in PhD Degree may apply on or before 22nd Dec 2022.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an international organization focused on non-profit agricultural research and training that empowers farmers through science and innovation to nourish the world in the midst of a climate crisis. Applying high-quality science and strong partnerships, CIMMYT works to achieve a world with healthier and more prosperous people, free from global food crises and with more resilient agri-food systems. CIMMYT’s research brings enhanced productivity and better profits to farmers, mitigates the effects of the climate crisis, and reduces the environmental impact of agriculture.
CIMMYT Maize Seed Systems Specialist Jobs 2022
The CIMMYT has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th Nov 2022 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Maize Seed Systems Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)|
|Position||Maize Seed Systems Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||22nd Dec 2022|
CIMMYT Job Vacancy 2022
- Oversee deployment of the seed of climate-resilient maize cultivars in maize-based systems in southern Africa, especially Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania, in active collaboration with the relevant public and private sector institutions.
- Expand and support the functions of institutions engaged in maize seed systems in the target countries in southern Africa, including private seed companies, public seed agencies, and NARES.
- Provide technical support and strengthen the capacities of SME seed companies for designing and implementing seed road maps for targeted improved maize varieties, leveraging digital tools and other ICT innovations, undertaking market segmentation, territory planning, Quality Assessment/Quality Control (QA/QC), and gender- and socially inclusive deployment of improved seed.
- Support seed systems work emanating from CIMMYT Southern Africa Maize Breeding Hub in terms of parental inbred lines and single-cross evaluation to generate and disseminate seed producibility data.
- In collaboration with the CIMMYT Maize Seed Systems team in ESA, ensure that the seed company and NARES partners access high-quality seed (breeder’s, pre-basic and basic seed) of parental lines of CIMMYT-derived hybrids through appropriate channels and according to established germplasm sharing policies and procedures.
- Foster partnerships with relevant public and private sector institutions for scaling certified seed production of CIMMYT-related maize varieties, and implementing field-based activities for stimulating demand.
- Collect data on scaling of CIMMYT-derived maize varieties in southern Africa to determine the aggregate impact of CIMMYT’s maize germplasm, assess partner’s compliance with the diligence obligations related to hybrids provided under license, and identify success stories as well as areas for further improvement to inform CIMMYT’s breeding strategies and priorities.Work with partner organizations involved in harmonizing the seed sector in southern Africa.
- Support the development of impactful CIMMYT maize products, including implementation of regional on-farm trials originating from the Southern Africa hub.
- Document the work through high-quality technical reports to achieve project objectives and to ensure meeting the donor requirements.
- Analyze existing and new data to generate market intelligence and get market feedback to support product design by the breeding and seed systems teams.
- Proactively develop new project proposals in high-priority areas, and contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnership, and impacts.
Position in Organization:
- Maize Seed Systems Specialist
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Deadline: 22nd Dec 2022
Qualification & Experience:
- or PhD. in agriculture/agri-business, or similar field, with at least eight years of relevant experience in improving seed systems in a developing country context.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in complex multidisciplinary research or development projects.
- Track record of publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals.
- Good partnership-building skills, including the ability to effectively interact with funding agencies and local partners.
- A high degree of personal organization and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with different nationalities and disciplines as a member of a diverse work team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Proactivity, Problem Solving and Decision-making, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, and Teamwork.
How to Apply CIMMYT Maize Seed Systems Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.cimmyt.org/careers/jobs/maize-seed-systems-specialist-southern-africa/
The Closing Date: 22nd Dec 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|