FHI 360 Diagnostics Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia NGO Jobs. FHI 360 Zambia looking for “Diagnostics Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree may apply on or before August 26, 2022.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization has long managed in projects relating to family planning and reproductive health.
FHI 360 Diagnostics Specialist Jobs 2022
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on August 16, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Diagnostics Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Family Health International (FHI 360)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||August 26, 2022|
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2022
- Provide technical assistance for diagnostic network and facilities strengthening and quality improvement interventions in line with joint external evaluation (JEE) reports, country national action plan, other assessment reports, and country work plan activities aligned with JEE and local stakeholder improvement goals.
- Provide technical assistance to enhance in-country diagnostic networks which may include capacity strengthening activities for core diagnostic components such as specimen referral mechanisms, quality management systems, supply chain, management information systems, diagnostic SOPs and tools, qualified workforce, expansion of point-of-care diagnostic service points, and biosafety and biosecurity.
- Liaise with GFATM implementer and CDC in country to provide relevant technical support.
- Support national stakeholders to develop or update national diagnostic network strategic plans, SOPs, and policies.
- Monitor and report progress with diagnostic network enhancement activities as per the approved country work plan.
- Provide technical support for diagnostics system strengthening, methods and strategies, current best practices, and established diagnostic and operational standards while also being locally relevant and sustainable.
- Strengthen capacity in local diagnostic stakeholders and leaders to identify and oversee enhancements in diagnostic networks.
- Conduct assessments of diagnostic facilities and lead the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance and training to diagnostic facilities and the overall diagnostic network as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement programs.
- Support laboratories to prepare for accreditation through locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally accepted accreditation agencies based on country demand.
- Coordinate and work with a diverse group of national organizations including the government and other diagnostic network leaders, development partners, other regional and global EGHS staff, and CDC.
- Coordinate with EGHS team in other countries to ensure synergies and experience sharing within the project and across countries
- Contribute to the preparation of required reports.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Today
- job requisition id: 2022201519
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in clinical diagnostics or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in diagnostic system strengthening and capacity strengthening in the country.
- Experience in the diagnosis of infectious diseases, including specific hands-on diagnostics experience
- Competent in current diagnostic methods for infectious diseases, including point-of-care tests.
- Knowledge and experience with strengthening laboratories to achieve international quality standards including against ISO 15189 and/or SLMTA/SLIPTA.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International program development or program management experience preferred.
Applied Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in clinical diagnostics (bench experience), and diagnostic networks.
- In-depth knowledge of quality management systems.
- Awareness of the mechanisms and strategies that are being deployed under the Global Health Security Agenda and other similar mechanisms to combat emerging infectious disease threats.
- Working knowledge of laboratory reporting tools, and laboratory information systems
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to network and collaborate with others in a complex multi-partner context.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Ability to solve problems and implement corrective action as needed.
How to Apply FHI 360 Diagnostics Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: August 26, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|