UNECA Consultant Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNECA Zambia programme looking for “Consultant“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 10th March 2023.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.
UNECA Consultant Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd March 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||At least Ten years|
|Application Deadline||10th March 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The consultant shall use well-established and recognized methodologies to undertake the below tasks:
- Articulate an analytical case for developing and commercializing green value chains in Mauritius with a focus on the T&A and light engineering sectors, based on theoretical constructs and empirical analysis (including cost competitiveness) and making references to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the
- Mauritius National Vision, National AfCFTA Response Strategy, the SADC industrialization Strategy and Roadmap and relevant AU strategic documents;
- Outline the key success factors in attracting investment from the regional and global markets towards the development of green manufacturing value chains while considering countries like Turkey, China, India and Taiwan.
- Provide a list of main policy recommendations and sustainable investment incentives benchmarked with South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia to upgrade the attractiveness of the Mauritian business climate and using other countries from the Global South and the North as successes from which Mauritius can learn;
- Outline the potential viable products and business strategies (backward, forward and horizontal linkages) that Mauritius has to develop to integrate into Green Manufacturing Value Chains
- Propose green supply chain models for one or two selected sectors of Mauritius linking suppliers to manufacturers and wholesalers/retailers across Africa in a bid to establish relationships with supply chain partners and create significant value and resilience to the value chains;
- Conduct stakeholder consultations in the form of workshops with a view to garner consensus on the best approaches to the development of the green value chains in Mauritius for the T&A sector;
- Prepare and validate the report on green value chains development in the manufacturing sector in Mauritius in the context of AfCFTA and the National AfCFTA Response Strategy;
- Undertake two missions to Mauritius to engage with stakeholders and collect the relevant data.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or Equivalent) in Economics, Engineering, Industry, Environment, Development planning, financial management or other related fields IS REQUIRED.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience in (market assessments, local economic development, investment strategies, value chain development, strategic planning);
- In-depth understanding of the African T&A landscape, issues and challenges to source from Africa, existing and upcoming value chains in Africa;
- Good knowledge of sustainable consumption and production, and circular economy concepts and principles;
- Experience in working with international and national NGOs and UN organizations, or with government authorities at national level.
- The candidate should also have a good publication record, including in the field of industrial development.
- Good computer skills for compilation and analysis of statistical data are required.
- English and French are the working of the United Nations ,for this study ,Fluency in English is required.
- Posting Title: SRO-SA Consultant to develop green regional value chains in Mauritius Manufacturing in the context of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) (SRO/SA)
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: LUSAKA
- Posting Period: 01 March 2023 – 10 March 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-203205-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
How to Apply UNECA Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203205
The Closing Date: 10th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|