UNICEF Child Safeguarding Consultancy Jobs 2021 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zambia programme looking for “Child Safeguarding Consultancy”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 02 November 2021.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
UNICEF Child Safeguarding Consultancy Jobs 2021
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 October 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Child Safeguarding Consultancy to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Child Safeguarding Consultancy|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||02 November 2021|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: UNICEF Zambia is investing significant efforts into mainstreaming PSEA and child safeguarding in our programmes, both those implemented by government and those implemented by NGOs. UNICEF will provide technical support to mainstream PSEA and safeguarding in our integrating programming platforms. This includes Early Childhood Development, Ending Child Marriage and the Social Cash Transfer programmes, which are implemented in vulnerable communities and as such there is a risk posed in terms of sexual exploitation and abuse and child safeguarding. The aim of mainstreaming SEA and child safeguarding is to ensure that mechanisms are in place from the outset to prevent cases occurring as well as responding to any cases that have taken place.
Activities and Tasks:
- Conduct SEA and child safeguarding risk assessments of the integrated platforms of ECD, ECM, and SCT programmes and support the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Develop and conduct a deep-dive training on PSEA and child safeguarding for UNICEF staff and implementing partners working on the three-priority integrated programmes. The trainings should be designed and contextualized with the objective to ensure compliance and that an adequate monitoring mechanism exists in all communities that the programmes are being rolled-out in.
- Conduct a mapping exercise of existing GBV/PSEA service providers and map referral pathways in target districts and communities and provide technical support to address gaps.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (a master’s degree) or equivalent in gender studies, social anthropology, law and women’s rights, sociology, public health, or other field related to PSEA;
- At least 5 years of humanitarian or development experience on sexual violence and other forms of violence against children.
- Experience in and knowledge on PSEA, GBV and child safeguarding.
- Experience developing complaint mechanisms as well as reporting and investigation procedures would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment as well as independently, and the ability to handle requests or issues as they arise.
- Fluency in English (Written & Oral) is required
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Child Safeguarding Consultancy Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|